Behind-the-Scene of Coldplay's 'Christmas Lights' Music Video
A few days before releasing a new single called "Christmas Lights", Coldplay braved the cold weather to film its music video at the South Bank of River Thames in London. They are seen performing the song on a small theater-inspired stage with red velvet curtains.
Several Elvis Presley impersonators play violins, and a boat full of people holding colorful balloons and singing the song in a choir-like fashion is floating on the river. "The idea for the video was like a magical, surreal theater show with loads of tricks packed in," frontman Chris Martin said.
A pre-cursor to Coldplay's new album, the "Christmas Lights" will be released as a digital download on December 1. The music video itself hasn't got any premiere date. In the meantime, fans can take a sneak peek through the following behind-the-scene footage. Additionally, several on-set pictures have hit the web to provide closer look.
More Coldplay News
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington