Behind-the-Scene of Coldplay's 'Christmas Lights' Music Video
A few days before releasing a new single called "Christmas Lights", Coldplay braved the cold weather to film its music video at the South Bank of River Thames in London. They are seen performing the song on a small theater-inspired stage with red velvet curtains.
Several Elvis Presley impersonators play violins, and a boat full of people holding colorful balloons and singing the song in a choir-like fashion is floating on the river. "The idea for the video was like a magical, surreal theater show with loads of tricks packed in," frontman Chris Martin said.
A pre-cursor to Coldplay's new album, the "Christmas Lights" will be released as a digital download on December 1. The music video itself hasn't got any premiere date. In the meantime, fans can take a sneak peek through the following behind-the-scene footage. Additionally, several on-set pictures have hit the web to provide closer look.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel