Behind-the-Scene of Coldplay's 'Christmas Lights' Music Video
A few days before releasing a new single called "Christmas Lights", Coldplay braved the cold weather to film its music video at the South Bank of River Thames in London. They are seen performing the song on a small theater-inspired stage with red velvet curtains.
Several Elvis Presley impersonators play violins, and a boat full of people holding colorful balloons and singing the song in a choir-like fashion is floating on the river. "The idea for the video was like a magical, surreal theater show with loads of tricks packed in," frontman Chris Martin said.
A pre-cursor to Coldplay's new album, the "Christmas Lights" will be released as a digital download on December 1. The music video itself hasn't got any premiere date. In the meantime, fans can take a sneak peek through the following behind-the-scene footage. Additionally, several on-set pictures have hit the web to provide closer look.
More Coldplay News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers