Video Premiere: 'The X Factor' Finalists' 'Heroes'
This year's 16 finalists of "The X Factor" reunite and share screen in a music video of new charity single "Heroes". The video features footage of soldiers serving overseas and the finalist performance in recording booth. Their meeting with some of those wounded heroes and the retired ones is inserted as well.
"Heroes" is originally a 1977 single by David Bowie. It was re-recorded by the "X Factor" finalists to raise fund for Help for Heroes, an initiative benefiting the wounded soldiers. The revamped version is led by Matt Cardle's solo verses. The other finalists who get their solo lines include Rebecca Ferguson, Katie Waissel and Aiden Grimshaw.
The song is currently sitting at No. 1 on Irish Singles chart. One of Help for Heroes founders, Bryn Parry, said, "It's the second time so we're really honored. the first time was huge and this time the song is even better. It's not just the money we raise, it's the amount of publicity it causes and the number of people who listen to it who then get inspired to do something themselves."
In 2008, "The X Factor" finalists got together to remix Mariah Carey's hit single "Hero" for the non-profit organization and raised more than 1.3 million pounds for a rehabilitation complex at Headley Court in Surrey. The next year, the contestants of the TV show re-recorded Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone" and dedicated it to Great Osmond Street Hospital.
'The X Factor' finalists' "Heroes" music video
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'