Video Premiere: 'The X Factor' Finalists' 'Heroes'
This year's 16 finalists of "The X Factor" reunite and share screen in a music video of new charity single "Heroes". The video features footage of soldiers serving overseas and the finalist performance in recording booth. Their meeting with some of those wounded heroes and the retired ones is inserted as well.
"Heroes" is originally a 1977 single by David Bowie. It was re-recorded by the "X Factor" finalists to raise fund for Help for Heroes, an initiative benefiting the wounded soldiers. The revamped version is led by Matt Cardle's solo verses. The other finalists who get their solo lines include Rebecca Ferguson, Katie Waissel and Aiden Grimshaw.
The song is currently sitting at No. 1 on Irish Singles chart. One of Help for Heroes founders, Bryn Parry, said, "It's the second time so we're really honored. the first time was huge and this time the song is even better. It's not just the money we raise, it's the amount of publicity it causes and the number of people who listen to it who then get inspired to do something themselves."
In 2008, "The X Factor" finalists got together to remix Mariah Carey's hit single "Hero" for the non-profit organization and raised more than 1.3 million pounds for a rehabilitation complex at Headley Court in Surrey. The next year, the contestants of the TV show re-recorded Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone" and dedicated it to Great Osmond Street Hospital.
More The X Factor News
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit