Avril Lavigne's New Album Titled 'Goodbye Lullaby'
Avril Lavigne revealed what she is going to call her next studio installment. At American Music Awards on November 21, the 26-year-old Canadian pop/rock singer said the album which follows up her 2007 "The Best Damn Thing" is called "Goodbye Lullaby".
At the same event but in a different interview, she told MTV that she plotted to drop the album two months after the release of the first single. "My single's coming out in January; it's called 'What the Hell,'" she explained. "And my record's coming out in March, so I'm pretty excited."
"This album is different ... I'm older now, so I think that comes across in my music, it's not as pop-rock and it's a little more mellow and it's deep," she stated more. "But my first single is very 'up' and pop-rock. The first single is very much like my older stuff, but the rest of the album is a departure."
One of the producers Avril tapped to work with her is "Love the Way You Lie" mastermind Alex da Kid. According to him, the album will be a mixture of Avril Lavigne's pop/rock root and his Hip-Hop sound. He said, "We've got some things that are Hip-Hop leaning, and we've got some things that are more pop/rock leaning, so it's what we both do just kind of combined into one thing."
More Avril Lavigne News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video