Lucky Bidder Owns the Rights to Sylvester Stallone's Porn Film
Sylvester Stallone is widely known for his action films, but he actually started his career with a porn film. And the rights to the 1970 softcore erotic pic called "Italian Stallion" were recently sold for $412,100, Variety reported.
The film, originally titled "The Party at Kitty and Stud's", was made by Bryanston Distributors and put up for auction on eBay by the company on November 10. The buyer gets the original 35mm negatives as well as worldwide rights to the film.
"The negatives were actually lost for a while," Edward Parry, president of Bryanston, says. Parry additionally reveals that MGM tried to buy the film in 2009 but the deal fell through. Parry thinks this as a prime time to sell the rights, saying "Who would've thought that at 64 he (Stallone) would be at the top of his game?"
"Italian Stallion" was released theatrically in 1976, and then re-released in 2007. Stallone was said taking a role in the movie because he was desperate for money. In a 1978 interview with Playboy, "The Expendables" actor opened up that he was paid $200 for two days of work and people behind "Italian Stallion" tried to sell the porn film to him for $100,000 after his hit film "Rocky" came out.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says