91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade in Pics
Macy's Annual Thanksgiving Parade may be the main attraction but it's not the oldest. The 91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade had people braving the cold on Thursday, November 25 morning to watch the colorful floats passing by with celebrities on top of them.
There were a total of 14 balloons, 16 floats and 18 marching bands which started to go in motion at 8:15 A.M with the opening number "Celebrate the Holidays". The Nansemond River High School band became one of the official bands this year. Balloons include the iconic turkey, Horton, Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, Cornucopia, Mr. Potato Head and Elmo.
Brandy hopped on a "Zoom Zoom" float and held an umbrella. Kristen Alderson stood in the middle of livestocks while fellow soap star Stephanie Gatschet took a ride on a scholar-themed float. There was also Justin Guarini on the American Eagle float and Disney's Allstar Weekend on music float.
Beside performances by the celebrities, there was a "Glee" tribute, a performance by Fantapulous, a youth choir ensemble and more. The parade was streamed live at 6abc.com.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'