91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade in Pics
Macy's Annual Thanksgiving Parade may be the main attraction but it's not the oldest. The 91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade had people braving the cold on Thursday, November 25 morning to watch the colorful floats passing by with celebrities on top of them.
There were a total of 14 balloons, 16 floats and 18 marching bands which started to go in motion at 8:15 A.M with the opening number "Celebrate the Holidays". The Nansemond River High School band became one of the official bands this year. Balloons include the iconic turkey, Horton, Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, Cornucopia, Mr. Potato Head and Elmo.
Brandy hopped on a "Zoom Zoom" float and held an umbrella. Kristen Alderson stood in the middle of livestocks while fellow soap star Stephanie Gatschet took a ride on a scholar-themed float. There was also Justin Guarini on the American Eagle float and Disney's Allstar Weekend on music float.
Beside performances by the celebrities, there was a "Glee" tribute, a performance by Fantapulous, a youth choir ensemble and more. The parade was streamed live at 6abc.com.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert