91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade in Pics
Macy's Annual Thanksgiving Parade may be the main attraction but it's not the oldest. The 91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade had people braving the cold on Thursday, November 25 morning to watch the colorful floats passing by with celebrities on top of them.
There were a total of 14 balloons, 16 floats and 18 marching bands which started to go in motion at 8:15 A.M with the opening number "Celebrate the Holidays". The Nansemond River High School band became one of the official bands this year. Balloons include the iconic turkey, Horton, Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, Cornucopia, Mr. Potato Head and Elmo.
Brandy hopped on a "Zoom Zoom" float and held an umbrella. Kristen Alderson stood in the middle of livestocks while fellow soap star Stephanie Gatschet took a ride on a scholar-themed float. There was also Justin Guarini on the American Eagle float and Disney's Allstar Weekend on music float.
Beside performances by the celebrities, there was a "Glee" tribute, a performance by Fantapulous, a youth choir ensemble and more. The parade was streamed live at 6abc.com.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'