91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade in Pics
Macy's Annual Thanksgiving Parade may be the main attraction but it's not the oldest. The 91st Annual IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade had people braving the cold on Thursday, November 25 morning to watch the colorful floats passing by with celebrities on top of them.
There were a total of 14 balloons, 16 floats and 18 marching bands which started to go in motion at 8:15 A.M with the opening number "Celebrate the Holidays". The Nansemond River High School band became one of the official bands this year. Balloons include the iconic turkey, Horton, Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, Cornucopia, Mr. Potato Head and Elmo.
Brandy hopped on a "Zoom Zoom" float and held an umbrella. Kristen Alderson stood in the middle of livestocks while fellow soap star Stephanie Gatschet took a ride on a scholar-themed float. There was also Justin Guarini on the American Eagle float and Disney's Allstar Weekend on music float.
Beside performances by the celebrities, there was a "Glee" tribute, a performance by Fantapulous, a youth choir ensemble and more. The parade was streamed live at 6abc.com.
More Brandy News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris