'Tangled' Is Impressive on Early Thanksgiving, but 'Deathly Hallows' Still Wins
As anticipated before, a lot of people storm theaters across the nation during Thanksgiving holiday. And on November 24, "Tangled" kicked off the festive weekend with an impressive opening. The family animation, which retells classic tale "Rapunzel", scored $11.8 million which is more than expected, The Hollywood Reporter says.
However, the pleasing achievement by Disney's movie could not overshadow the magic of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I". The first part of the seventh movie installment from "Harry Potter" franchise, which was debuted last week, is still the most attractive for moviegoers as it tops box office on Wednesday with an additional $14.5 million tally, bringing its six-day cume to $159 million.
While "Tangled" is predicted to exceed pre-release polling at the end of this weekend, another newcomer "Burlesque" did not open well. The musical that boasts performances from Christina Aguilera and Cher only took in $2.8 million on its first day though polling expects it to earn up to $25-27 million revenue this weekend.
"Megamind" takes the fourth place with an additional $2.8 million tally, followed by another debut "Love and Other Drugs" which pairs up Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal and takes in an estimated $2.2 million. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Faster", which was also released on November 24, lands on the sixth place with $1.5 million tally.
More Tangled News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?