'Tangled' Is Impressive on Early Thanksgiving, but 'Deathly Hallows' Still Wins
As anticipated before, a lot of people storm theaters across the nation during Thanksgiving holiday. And on November 24, "Tangled" kicked off the festive weekend with an impressive opening. The family animation, which retells classic tale "Rapunzel", scored $11.8 million which is more than expected, The Hollywood Reporter says.
However, the pleasing achievement by Disney's movie could not overshadow the magic of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I". The first part of the seventh movie installment from "Harry Potter" franchise, which was debuted last week, is still the most attractive for moviegoers as it tops box office on Wednesday with an additional $14.5 million tally, bringing its six-day cume to $159 million.
While "Tangled" is predicted to exceed pre-release polling at the end of this weekend, another newcomer "Burlesque" did not open well. The musical that boasts performances from Christina Aguilera and Cher only took in $2.8 million on its first day though polling expects it to earn up to $25-27 million revenue this weekend.
"Megamind" takes the fourth place with an additional $2.8 million tally, followed by another debut "Love and Other Drugs" which pairs up Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal and takes in an estimated $2.2 million. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Faster", which was also released on November 24, lands on the sixth place with $1.5 million tally.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris