Matthew Settle: Taylor Momsen Is Not Banned From 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" star Taylor Momsen gets another backup from her co-star regarding the rumor that she is banned from the set due to unprofessionalism. Matthew Settle who plays her on-screen dad Rufus Humphrey revealed that Momsen is sidelined because she wants to concentrate on her band The Pretty Reckless.
"[Saying she's banned is] a severe way of putting it," Settle told ITV's This Morning. "I don't think she's been banned from the set, I think she's off doing her own thing, creating her own music - she's very good at music."
It was reported earlier this week that Momsen is benched for some episodes beginning the midseason finale on December 6. Although a regular, the 17-year-old has only appeared in a total of three episodes this season.
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport