Watch Darren Criss Covering Train's 'Hey, Soul Sister' on 'Glee'
FOX probably learned from the experience that releasing a Darren Criss clip would boost the series' rating. The actor is returning as the Dalton Academy Warblers' lead singer in the November 30 episode of "Glee" and the network gives away a clip of him covering Train's "Hey, Soul Sister" during sectionals.
Criss has been upped to a regular, meaning fans will see more of his presence in the show's third season next year. Part of the excitement about his character Blaine is the fact that he has captured Kurt's heart. "Fans of the show want to see Kurt with somebody and Blaine would be the first natural thought, and people hear what they want to hear," Criss told UsMagazine. "Chris Colfer and I are both equally as curious."
But as for how far it will go between the two, Criss said, "When you're dealing with such a big topic as gay teens, you have to take things one level at a time. For now, the most important thing to me personally is conveying the fact that Kurt has this support system; that he has this other character who is in the exact same situation as he is."
"That relationship is the most important thing - to give him some place to go and confide in," Criss continued. "Whether or not that evolves into a romantic relationship is neither here nor there, but if it does, I hope it is earned and that it is organic and sincere and genuine."
On another dose of "Glee" news, rumors surface that the producers are trying to sign CBS anchor Katie Couric to appear in the expensive post-Super Bowl episode. Deadline's insider said that Couric is expected to play herself and share screen with Jane Lynch.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent