Re-release of Christina Aguilera's 'Bionic' Is Pure Speculation
It was reported that RCA Records is making use of the press attention around Christina Aguilera whose debut movie "Burlesque" is opening in U.S. theaters on Wednesday, November 24. The label was said thinking of re-releasing her sixth studio album "Bionic" which didn't do as well as her other releases in terms of sale.
In an interview with RCA vice president Scott Seviour, Billboard quoted him as saying, "It's not like the music industry, where the talent comes out two weeks before the album. They started at the end of July." He was referring to Aguilera's canceled summer tour. He added, " 'Burlesque' ideally gives us the opportunity to remarket 'Bionic'."
Since it was released in June, "Bionic" sold just over 250,000 copies which is a big difference to her 2006 album "Back to Basics" sale of 1.7 million copies. It was blamed on the lack of promotion and the delay of the supporting tour. The singer admitted that she wanted to concentrate on "Burlesque" instead.
Aguilera herself is in agreement about the unavoidable connection. She said, "I knew going into 'Burlesque' that it would intertwine with 'Bionic', but I also knew that I'd get to a point where regardless of what was happening with my record I'd have to turn my attention to the movie. I've basically put everything in my life on hold for the movie."
However, a rep from the label has given a denial via THR. "No plans to reissue the record have been announced" and any reports claiming otherwise are pure speculation at this point, the rep said.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'