Joe Jonas Experimenting With Electropop Sound for Solo Debut Album
Joe Jonas has revealed which direction he intends to go for his upcoming first solo studio album. Instead of keeping his path on the Jonas Brothers pop/rock music, he decided to switch the lane by recording up-tempo beat.
Though so, dance music was not Joe's first choice. The middle of the Jonas band actually started his solo studio project with a softer sound, sharing to In Style "I began writing it with a Michael Buble mentality, but now I'm switching gears a bit."
While he still keeps other details of the album under radar, he did mention about working with electropop singer/producer FrankMusik to help him with the new sound. "He's awesome. We've gone through a couple of different sounds," Joe said.
Last September, a source said the album is tentatively planned for early 2011 release. The source added that Joe "wants a more dangerous sound" with "sexier, Justin Timberlake vibe." His brother bandmate Nick Jonas, who already went solo with his side project The Administration last year, assured fans that Joe's music is "really good."
More Joe Jonas News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival