Chris Brown and Lady GaGa Reportedly Got Snubbed by AMAs
Just few hours after the 38th Annual American Music Awards ended, rumor swirled on the web suggesting that there was something shady about Usher winning Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist and Justin Bieber receiving Artist of the Year. According to reports, the real winners to those coveted awards were Chris Brown and Lady GaGa.
Brown reportedly got the most votes for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist, but ABC decided to give it to Usher instead either because of his absence or his last year's domestic violence issue with ex-girlfriend Rihanna. An insider from Neon Limelight revealed that "teleprompter backstage had Chris' name on it!" and "it even said he couldn't be there to accept!"
Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist had Usher, Chris Brown and Trey Songz as contenders. While Brown was robbed from bringing the title home, RiRi got her Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist prize that November 21 night after a tight battle against Alicia Keys and Sade.
As for GaGa, the Mother Monster was supposed to be crowned Artist of the Year because she allegedly topped her competitors Bieber, Eminem, Ke$ha and Katy Perry. Her manager Troy Carter sent a message to his friend Israel Hernandez, "They said that we won in votes. They gave it to Justin because he was there."
GaGa indeed was absent at the event because she had to stay in Europe for a number of Monster Ball concerts. The same thing also happened at the European Music Awards earlier this month, but she still got the trophy and even thanked fans via satellite. Aside from the rumored snub, she still got one prize for Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist at the AMAs, beating Perry and Ke$ha.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences