Matthew Goode Is Rumored as Frontrunner for Superman
Soon after it was reported that "The Man of Steel" began its casting search, a name has surfaced as the alleged contender. According to Movienewz (via Comic Book Movie), Matthew Goode is the frontrunner to portray the title character.
Sources told the site that Zack Snyder wants Goode "to play mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent" though the previous news said the project is likely to cast an actor who is not well known yet. Goode, in the meantime, is not an A-list star but he has had key roles in several films like "Watchmen", "Leap Year" and "A Single Man".
Additionally, the sources say the director has plans to rely heavily on CGI for The Man of Steel. If it is indeed true, the Superman could be a CG enhanced character like what Warner Bros. Pictures do with Ryan Reynolds' costume in "Green Lantern". Thus, the depicter of Clark is not necessarily a man who has the physical stature of the superhero.
Goode, who was directed by Snyder in "Watchmen", has previously stated that he worked well with Snyder's "enthusiastic" directing style. The filmmaker himself has a history of recruiting his actors for new projects, for example Carla Gugino, Abbie Cornish and Gerard Butler who have made two films each with him.
"The Man of Steel" is reportedly scheduled to start production in June 2011 for a targeted 2012 release. Christopher Nolan serves as producer while David S. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan are writing the script.
More Man of Steel News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture