Paije Richardson Axed From 'X Factor'
Dannii Minogue is losing one more of her protege on "The X Factor". Paije Richardson was sent packing on Sunday, November 21 after a sing-off with Cheryl Cole's act Cher Lloyd. Meanwhile, Katie Waissel who drastically changes her look this week, escaped the bottom two after landing at the position for three weeks in a row.
For Lloyd and Richardson, it was their first visit at the bottom two and both looked mortified by the result. The judges all agreed that it was unfair with Simon Cowell saying, "I'm going to go with the person who I've continually supported. Neither of you should have been in the bottom by the way." He picked Lloyd.
Meanwhile Minogue and Cole defended their own proteges. It was then up to Louis Walsh, who thought that Lloyd did well in the sing-off and decided that it was time for Richardson to go home. Interestingly, Richardson sang "Stop" while Lloyd sang "Stay" in the sing-off.
During the result night, last year's "X Factor" winner Olly Murs came to perform his new single "Thinking of Me". "It's great to be back. It's great to be back in front of the judges again. Thank you so much to my mentor Simon," he said, before revealing who he thought would win this season. "One Direction," he said in reference to Simon's only remaining act.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama