Artist of the Week: Jason Aldean
Even though he was not a contender at the recent Country Music Association Awards, Jason Aldean managed to steal the attention at the event with his Kelly Clarkson duet. The country and pop singer received applause when they finished "Don't You Wanna Stay" which is one of the singles in Aldean's November 2 album "My Kinda Party".
The fourth studio album from Aldean, "My Kinda Party" has been doing well in the Billboard Hot 200 chart. It debuted at number 2, selling 193,000 copies in its first week of release and giving him his best sales week and a new peak on the list. First single and title track climbed up to number 45 on Hot 100 while "Don't You Wanna Stay" which is set as second single debuted at number 93.
With plenty of success behind him, Aldean is stepping out with his own headlining tour which features guests Eric Church and The JaneDear Girls. 2011 My Kinda Party tour will visit 32 cities beginning January 21 in Little Rock, Ark. "This is the tour I've dreamed about putting together my whole life," Aldean said. "My band has never been tighter, and I finally have enough material and the kind of production to really take the songs to that next level for the fans."
He continued, "This one is for my mom, who used to drive me to clubs when I wasn't even 16 yet, wait on me to play the same Alabama, John Anderson and George Strait covers every night, then drive me home and make me do my homework before bed. We've come a long way." Indeed Aldean owed it to his parents when it comes to music. His father used to leave him guitar chords to learn before he went to work.
Aldean is also booked for Country Thunder festivals in 2011 together with Lady Antebellum, Zac Brown Band and others. More info about Aldean, his work and his upcoming tour can be found on his MySpace.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics