2010 AMAs: Justin Bieber Wins Three Coveted Awards
Justin Bieber added three more awards to his collection at the live telecast of the 38th Annual American Music Awards. The Canadian pint-sized idol took home T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist, beating the shortlist of such competitors as Mike Posner, Lady Antebellum and Travis McCoy.
The "Baby" hitmaker who was introduced by fellow young star Willow Smith for his "Pray" performance also pocketed Favorite Pop/Rock Album, thanks to his "My World 2.0". The extended play of his debut album "My World" topped Eminem's "Recovery" and Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream".
Later, Bieber was handed Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist. He once again beat the Slim Shady in addition to his mentor Usher. "Without Michael Jackson, none of us would be here," he said when collecting the prize on stage. The late King of Pop was inspiration behind his new song "Pray".
Although losing two categories to Bieber, the Slim Shady who didn't attend the November 21 prize-giving event managed to grab one prize. The rapper was named Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist in a tight battle against B.o.B and Drake.
The other winners were Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood. Paisley blocked Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan from winning Favorite Country Male Artist, thanking the AMAs for putting on a great show during his acceptance speech. Underwood, meanwhile, was given Favorite Country Album for her effort "Play On".
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber