2010 AMAs: Justin Bieber Wins Three Coveted Awards
Justin Bieber added three more awards to his collection at the live telecast of the 38th Annual American Music Awards. The Canadian pint-sized idol took home T-Mobile Breakthrough Artist, beating the shortlist of such competitors as Mike Posner, Lady Antebellum and Travis McCoy.
The "Baby" hitmaker who was introduced by fellow young star Willow Smith for his "Pray" performance also pocketed Favorite Pop/Rock Album, thanks to his "My World 2.0". The extended play of his debut album "My World" topped Eminem's "Recovery" and Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream".
Later, Bieber was handed Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist. He once again beat the Slim Shady in addition to his mentor Usher. "Without Michael Jackson, none of us would be here," he said when collecting the prize on stage. The late King of Pop was inspiration behind his new song "Pray".
Although losing two categories to Bieber, the Slim Shady who didn't attend the November 21 prize-giving event managed to grab one prize. The rapper was named Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist in a tight battle against B.o.B and Drake.
The other winners were Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood. Paisley blocked Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan from winning Favorite Country Male Artist, thanking the AMAs for putting on a great show during his acceptance speech. Underwood, meanwhile, was given Favorite Country Album for her effort "Play On".
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves