2010 CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute in Pics
There will be plenty of A-list stars to watch when 2010 CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute airs this Thanksgiving night. The actual event was held on Saturday, November 20 at Los Angeles' The Shrine Auditorium and taped for a broadcast on CNN U.S. on Thursday, November 25 at 8 ET/ 5 PT as well as on CNN International the same day at 8 P.M. ET and again the next day at 5 A.M. ET.
Among those supporting the event was Demi Moore who confidently went solo despite being hit with split reports. She was there to introduce Anuradha Koirala, a woman who has saved thousands of women and girls from sex slavery and won the public poll held at CNN.com. Together with her husband Ashton Kutcher, Moore is also working on this area, establishing The Demi and Ashton Foundation, which aims to eliminate child sex slavery worldwide.
Another prolific actress Renee Zellweger also stepped out without partner to introduce Aki Ra of Cambodian Self Help Demining, an organization focused on clearing landmines and UXOs in 'low priority' villages throughout Cambodia. Marisa Tomei honored Susan Burton of A New Way of Life Reentry Project, a non-profit organization with a core mission to help women break the cycle of entrapment in the criminal justice system and lead healthy and satisfying lives.
Other beauties attending the event were Jessica Alba, AnnaLynne McCord, Emmy Rossum, Jennifer Nettles, Shay Mitchell and Tamala Jones. Representing the opposite gender are Gerard Butler, Kristian Bush, LL Cool J, Anderson Cooper, John Legend, Ryan Eggold, and Adam Rodriguez. Plenty of testosterones were present on the red carpet as all 33 Chilean miners posed for the camera before they were honored.
Beside the tributes, there was a collaborative performance from John Legend, Common and Melanie Fiona on "Wake Up Everybody", in addition to performances by Bon Jovi and Sugarland.
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick