2010 AMAs: Taylor Swift, Usher, Rihanna and Shakira Among Early Winners
From walking down the red carpet in front of the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles to pose for photographers and fans, big stars went straight inside the venue to witness this year's winners collecting the American Music Awards. The first to win that night was Usher. He was called out by Heidi Klum to accept Favorite Soul/R&B Album after beating the other nominees Alicia Keys and Sade.
Next, there was John Legend coming onto the stage with Jenny McCarthy. They handed Favorite Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group to Black Eyed Peas. The four-piece won the coveted prize over Lady Antebellum and Train. Later, this group returned to the stage to perform their new single "This Time (Dirty Bit)".
Jessica Alba announced Taylor Swift as the winner of Favorite Female Country Artist which contenders were Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Coming to the event in a mini glittery dress, Swift wished everybody a Happy Thanksgiving Day and thanked fans for "giving so much love" for her new album "Speak Now" which sold more than 1 million copies in its opening week.
Shakira won Favorite Latin Artist, beating Daddy Yankee and Enrique Iglesias. After that, trio Taio Cruz, Trey Songz and Nicki Minaj teamed up to announce Favorite Female Soul/R&B Artist, and the winner was Rihanna who won the award over Alicia Keys and Sade.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting