2010 AMAs: Taylor Swift, Usher, Rihanna and Shakira Among Early Winners
From walking down the red carpet in front of the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles to pose for photographers and fans, big stars went straight inside the venue to witness this year's winners collecting the American Music Awards. The first to win that night was Usher. He was called out by Heidi Klum to accept Favorite Soul/R&B Album after beating the other nominees Alicia Keys and Sade.
Next, there was John Legend coming onto the stage with Jenny McCarthy. They handed Favorite Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group to Black Eyed Peas. The four-piece won the coveted prize over Lady Antebellum and Train. Later, this group returned to the stage to perform their new single "This Time (Dirty Bit)".
Jessica Alba announced Taylor Swift as the winner of Favorite Female Country Artist which contenders were Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Coming to the event in a mini glittery dress, Swift wished everybody a Happy Thanksgiving Day and thanked fans for "giving so much love" for her new album "Speak Now" which sold more than 1 million copies in its opening week.
Shakira won Favorite Latin Artist, beating Daddy Yankee and Enrique Iglesias. After that, trio Taio Cruz, Trey Songz and Nicki Minaj teamed up to announce Favorite Female Soul/R&B Artist, and the winner was Rihanna who won the award over Alicia Keys and Sade.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance