Trailer Presents Matthew McConaughey as 'The Lincoln Lawyer'
The Lionsgate Films' new release "The Lincoln Lawyer" will boast a star-studded cast but the big spotlight is on Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillippe, a lawyer and his accused-murderer client. A low-level criminal defense attorney Mickey Haller finds himself representing a wealthy client with ties to a previous murder case Haller handled.
The first trailer of the drama thriller introduces not only the dilemma that Haller faces but also the characters tangled in the same web. Trace Adkins stars as one of the bikers seen in the beginning of the video. The country star recalled the experience, "There are a couple of scenes where we come up beside (McConaughey's) car, 10 or 25 bikes around his car, and force him to pull over."
He continued, "That was interesting to shoot that... I had two stunt men flanking me, but the rest of the guys were real biker guys. They asked me, 'Are you comfortable doing this?' I said, 'Yeah, sure.' I wasn't. I didn't want to let them know that."
Tommy Lee Jones was initially attached to direct this drama, but he dropped out and "The Take" director Brad Furman took over. The pic is based on a novel by Michael Connelly of the same title. Starring also Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas and Michael Pena, it would be released in the U.S. on March 18, 2011.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly