Trailer Presents Matthew McConaughey as 'The Lincoln Lawyer'
The Lionsgate Films' new release "The Lincoln Lawyer" will boast a star-studded cast but the big spotlight is on Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillippe, a lawyer and his accused-murderer client. A low-level criminal defense attorney Mickey Haller finds himself representing a wealthy client with ties to a previous murder case Haller handled.
The first trailer of the drama thriller introduces not only the dilemma that Haller faces but also the characters tangled in the same web. Trace Adkins stars as one of the bikers seen in the beginning of the video. The country star recalled the experience, "There are a couple of scenes where we come up beside (McConaughey's) car, 10 or 25 bikes around his car, and force him to pull over."
He continued, "That was interesting to shoot that... I had two stunt men flanking me, but the rest of the guys were real biker guys. They asked me, 'Are you comfortable doing this?' I said, 'Yeah, sure.' I wasn't. I didn't want to let them know that."
Tommy Lee Jones was initially attached to direct this drama, but he dropped out and "The Take" director Brad Furman took over. The pic is based on a novel by Michael Connelly of the same title. Starring also Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas and Michael Pena, it would be released in the U.S. on March 18, 2011.
- A Cheeky Man Outshines Doutzen Kroes During Bikini Photo Shoot by Baring His Bum
- Rita Ora Strips Down to Nude Bra on Instagram - See the Racy Lingerie Snap
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- 'The Simpsons' Skewers Donald Trump's Awful First 100 Days in Office
- Tristan Thompson Reportedly Will Propose to Khloe Kardashian After NBA Championship
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return