Trailer Presents Matthew McConaughey as 'The Lincoln Lawyer'
The Lionsgate Films' new release "The Lincoln Lawyer" will boast a star-studded cast but the big spotlight is on Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillippe, a lawyer and his accused-murderer client. A low-level criminal defense attorney Mickey Haller finds himself representing a wealthy client with ties to a previous murder case Haller handled.
The first trailer of the drama thriller introduces not only the dilemma that Haller faces but also the characters tangled in the same web. Trace Adkins stars as one of the bikers seen in the beginning of the video. The country star recalled the experience, "There are a couple of scenes where we come up beside (McConaughey's) car, 10 or 25 bikes around his car, and force him to pull over."
He continued, "That was interesting to shoot that... I had two stunt men flanking me, but the rest of the guys were real biker guys. They asked me, 'Are you comfortable doing this?' I said, 'Yeah, sure.' I wasn't. I didn't want to let them know that."
Tommy Lee Jones was initially attached to direct this drama, but he dropped out and "The Take" director Brad Furman took over. The pic is based on a novel by Michael Connelly of the same title. Starring also Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas and Michael Pena, it would be released in the U.S. on March 18, 2011.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake