Trailer Presents Matthew McConaughey as 'The Lincoln Lawyer'
The Lionsgate Films' new release "The Lincoln Lawyer" will boast a star-studded cast but the big spotlight is on Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillippe, a lawyer and his accused-murderer client. A low-level criminal defense attorney Mickey Haller finds himself representing a wealthy client with ties to a previous murder case Haller handled.
The first trailer of the drama thriller introduces not only the dilemma that Haller faces but also the characters tangled in the same web. Trace Adkins stars as one of the bikers seen in the beginning of the video. The country star recalled the experience, "There are a couple of scenes where we come up beside (McConaughey's) car, 10 or 25 bikes around his car, and force him to pull over."
He continued, "That was interesting to shoot that... I had two stunt men flanking me, but the rest of the guys were real biker guys. They asked me, 'Are you comfortable doing this?' I said, 'Yeah, sure.' I wasn't. I didn't want to let them know that."
Tommy Lee Jones was initially attached to direct this drama, but he dropped out and "The Take" director Brad Furman took over. The pic is based on a novel by Michael Connelly of the same title. Starring also Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas and Michael Pena, it would be released in the U.S. on March 18, 2011.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift