Inside Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson's Engagement Party
Newly engaged-couple Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson (II) have celebrated the new stage of their relationship with family and friends. The pair, who announced their engagement earlier this week, threw a party of about 40 and 50 people, including a few NFL players, on Thursday night, November 18 and Us Magazine has given details of the celebration.
Held at the California home of Jessica's parents, Joe Truett Simpson and Tina Ann Drew, the "Employee of the Month" actress and Eric treated their guests with hamburger and veggie burger sliders, chicken skewers, mini pizzas, shrimp, and for dessert, mini cupcakes. A friend gushed, "They were very happy. It was the first time they had seen a lot of their friends since the engagement."
Jessica and Eric's wedding date has not yet been revealed. Jessica, however, may not be able to plan the nuptials in near time because she will be busy enough when her second holiday album "Happy Christmas" is released in the U.S. on November 23. She is also scheduled to perform during Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics