Inside Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson's Engagement Party
Newly engaged-couple Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson (II) have celebrated the new stage of their relationship with family and friends. The pair, who announced their engagement earlier this week, threw a party of about 40 and 50 people, including a few NFL players, on Thursday night, November 18 and Us Magazine has given details of the celebration.
Held at the California home of Jessica's parents, Joe Truett Simpson and Tina Ann Drew, the "Employee of the Month" actress and Eric treated their guests with hamburger and veggie burger sliders, chicken skewers, mini pizzas, shrimp, and for dessert, mini cupcakes. A friend gushed, "They were very happy. It was the first time they had seen a lot of their friends since the engagement."
Jessica and Eric's wedding date has not yet been revealed. Jessica, however, may not be able to plan the nuptials in near time because she will be busy enough when her second holiday album "Happy Christmas" is released in the U.S. on November 23. She is also scheduled to perform during Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences