Avril Lavigne Working on Hip-Hop Sound in New Album
Avril Lavigne is not going to be lingering in her comfort zone for upcoming fourth studio album. After three successful pop/rock albums, she is now ready to try something different. According to producer Alex da Kid, the "Sk8ter Boy" hitmaker is experimenting and exploring new territory, Hip-Hop.
"It's a mixture of pop/rock and what I do," the mastermind behind "Love the Way You Lie" told Rap-Up TV. "We've got some things that are Hip-Hop leaning, and we've got some things that are more pop/rock leaning, so it's what we both do just kind of combined into one thing."
Earlier this year, Avril talked about "bureaucratic BS" which caused her album to be long delayed. Responding to this issue, Alex refused to say much, "I'm not sure what's going on with the album, just because she's been working on this album for a long time." But he admitted, "So I think there's a lot of stuff going on politically and behind the scenes."
Aside from those problems, Alex really enjoyed working with Avril. He gushed, "I really liked working with her. She's really cool and down to earth. It was a good experience." He recalled they once had some drunk studio sessions, but kept secretive on the details of the tracks, saying "We're working it all out, so it's probably too early to talk about it."
Avril's forthcoming lead single is called "What the Hell". Its music video will be shot "in 2 weeks and will be out in January." She previously said, "This song is the least personal song to me off this album. It's a fun and funny anthem. It has a broad message about personal freedom. It is the most pop track on the record."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones