Avril Lavigne Working on Hip-Hop Sound in New Album
Avril Lavigne is not going to be lingering in her comfort zone for upcoming fourth studio album. After three successful pop/rock albums, she is now ready to try something different. According to producer Alex da Kid, the "Sk8ter Boy" hitmaker is experimenting and exploring new territory, Hip-Hop.
"It's a mixture of pop/rock and what I do," the mastermind behind "Love the Way You Lie" told Rap-Up TV. "We've got some things that are Hip-Hop leaning, and we've got some things that are more pop/rock leaning, so it's what we both do just kind of combined into one thing."
Earlier this year, Avril talked about "bureaucratic BS" which caused her album to be long delayed. Responding to this issue, Alex refused to say much, "I'm not sure what's going on with the album, just because she's been working on this album for a long time." But he admitted, "So I think there's a lot of stuff going on politically and behind the scenes."
Aside from those problems, Alex really enjoyed working with Avril. He gushed, "I really liked working with her. She's really cool and down to earth. It was a good experience." He recalled they once had some drunk studio sessions, but kept secretive on the details of the tracks, saying "We're working it all out, so it's probably too early to talk about it."
Avril's forthcoming lead single is called "What the Hell". Its music video will be shot "in 2 weeks and will be out in January." She previously said, "This song is the least personal song to me off this album. It's a fun and funny anthem. It has a broad message about personal freedom. It is the most pop track on the record."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding