Mark Wahlberg Gets Sweet and Bold in First 'The Fighter' Clip
A dramatic scene in "The Fighter" has been clipped in anticipation of the impending release of the movie. An exclusive courtesy of HitFix, the video wants to emphasize that people close to Micky Ward always become his inspiration and he needs their support to prepare for a fight.
Dicky Ecklund is Micky's half brother who serves as his highly unreliable trainer. When Micky's latest fight nearly kills him, it looks like it could all be over until his iron-willed new girlfriend, Charlene, convinces him to do the unthinkable: split with his family, pursue his own interests and train without his increasingly volatile and criminal brother.
Now Micky has the chance of a lifetime as he earns a shot at the World Championship. But when his brother and dysfunctional family reenter his life, they must all reconcile their pasts and become more than just a family in name.
"The Fighter" is inspired by a true story of boxer "Irish" Micky Ward, who is portrayed by Mark Wahlberg in the film. Christian Bale stars as Dick Ecklund, Amy Adams portrays Charlene, while Melissa Leo is Micky and Dick's mother, Alice.
David O. Russell takes the helming duty for the drama film, which is due December 10 in cinemas across the nation.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers