Jessica Simpson 'Did Not Buy' Her Own Engagement Ring
Though Jessica Simpson might be the wealthier one compared to her former football star fiance Eric Johnson (II), the "I Wanna Love You Forever" singer didn't buy her own engagement ring. Insiders recently told Gossip Cop that Jessica "did not buy the ring" and was "completely surprised" by the proposal.
The story was run by Star Magazine. The tabloid claimed Jessica bought her own new bling, which features a central ruby flanked by two diamonds, and forced Eric to ask her hand in marriage by giving the former San Francisco 49ers tight end a "now or never" ultimatum. PopEater also reported the similar story.
A friend of Jessica told the site that there was "no way could Eric, who doesn't have a job at the moment, afford to purchase such an expensive ring." The friend went on, "Yes, he made a little bit of money in the NFL and is from a wealthy family, but unless his parents helped him out, Jessica must have paid for it herself."
A family friend further told the site that Jessica paying for her own engagement ring "just doesn't feel right." The source said, "We all want Jessica to be happy and finally find true love after all she has been through, but she doesn't understand that in the long run if she pays for everything it will hurt her relationship with any man."
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson had their engagement announced earlier this week. "Yes, we are excited to confirm that they are engaged!" a rep revealed. The couple, who has dated for six months, got engaged just a week after Jessica's former husband Nick Lachey announced his own engagement to longtime girlfriend, Vanessa Minnillo.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny