Jessica Simpson 'Did Not Buy' Her Own Engagement Ring
Though Jessica Simpson might be the wealthier one compared to her former football star fiance Eric Johnson (II), the "I Wanna Love You Forever" singer didn't buy her own engagement ring. Insiders recently told Gossip Cop that Jessica "did not buy the ring" and was "completely surprised" by the proposal.
The story was run by Star Magazine. The tabloid claimed Jessica bought her own new bling, which features a central ruby flanked by two diamonds, and forced Eric to ask her hand in marriage by giving the former San Francisco 49ers tight end a "now or never" ultimatum. PopEater also reported the similar story.
A friend of Jessica told the site that there was "no way could Eric, who doesn't have a job at the moment, afford to purchase such an expensive ring." The friend went on, "Yes, he made a little bit of money in the NFL and is from a wealthy family, but unless his parents helped him out, Jessica must have paid for it herself."
A family friend further told the site that Jessica paying for her own engagement ring "just doesn't feel right." The source said, "We all want Jessica to be happy and finally find true love after all she has been through, but she doesn't understand that in the long run if she pays for everything it will hurt her relationship with any man."
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson had their engagement announced earlier this week. "Yes, we are excited to confirm that they are engaged!" a rep revealed. The couple, who has dated for six months, got engaged just a week after Jessica's former husband Nick Lachey announced his own engagement to longtime girlfriend, Vanessa Minnillo.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth