Beyonce Knowles Is Creating 'New Genre' of Music in New album
The follow-up to Grammy-winning album "I Am...Sasha Fierce" might become Beyonce Knowles' most ambitious effort yet. After successfully launching Sasha Fierce as her alter ego, now the "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" hitmaker attempts to create her own genre of music.
"I love to dance, I love to sing, and I'm actually in the studio now writing songs and producing, and I have a lot of live instruments that I'm putting into the tracks to try to change the sound and make my own genre of music," Beyonce told Entertainment Tonight on the set of her Vizio commercial.
Last September, one of the musicians involved in the studio project, Ne-Yo, has teased about Beyonce "definitely having her own agenda." He added that she is an artist who has a clear vision of what she wants to do, "She's going to give you directions [like] 'Here's where I'm going, so here's where I need you to be'."
The clue about how this might-be "new genre" of music will sound has also been hinted by Sean Garrett. "I think we are doing a lot of uptempo records for this one. She's in such a good place right now in life that she is interested in making party music, definitely," he once said.
Although details of the album are still scarce, Beyonce will, one thing for sure, ditch her alter ego Sasha Fierce in the not-yet-titled album. "Sasha Fierce is done. I killed her," she confessed. "I don't need Sasha Fierce anymore, because I've grown and now I'm able to merge the two."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak