Beyonce Knowles Is Creating 'New Genre' of Music in New album
The follow-up to Grammy-winning album "I Am...Sasha Fierce" might become Beyonce Knowles' most ambitious effort yet. After successfully launching Sasha Fierce as her alter ego, now the "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" hitmaker attempts to create her own genre of music.
"I love to dance, I love to sing, and I'm actually in the studio now writing songs and producing, and I have a lot of live instruments that I'm putting into the tracks to try to change the sound and make my own genre of music," Beyonce told Entertainment Tonight on the set of her Vizio commercial.
Last September, one of the musicians involved in the studio project, Ne-Yo, has teased about Beyonce "definitely having her own agenda." He added that she is an artist who has a clear vision of what she wants to do, "She's going to give you directions [like] 'Here's where I'm going, so here's where I need you to be'."
The clue about how this might-be "new genre" of music will sound has also been hinted by Sean Garrett. "I think we are doing a lot of uptempo records for this one. She's in such a good place right now in life that she is interested in making party music, definitely," he once said.
Although details of the album are still scarce, Beyonce will, one thing for sure, ditch her alter ego Sasha Fierce in the not-yet-titled album. "Sasha Fierce is done. I killed her," she confessed. "I don't need Sasha Fierce anymore, because I've grown and now I'm able to merge the two."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...