Beyonce Knowles Is Creating 'New Genre' of Music in New album
The follow-up to Grammy-winning album "I Am...Sasha Fierce" might become Beyonce Knowles' most ambitious effort yet. After successfully launching Sasha Fierce as her alter ego, now the "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" hitmaker attempts to create her own genre of music.
"I love to dance, I love to sing, and I'm actually in the studio now writing songs and producing, and I have a lot of live instruments that I'm putting into the tracks to try to change the sound and make my own genre of music," Beyonce told Entertainment Tonight on the set of her Vizio commercial.
Last September, one of the musicians involved in the studio project, Ne-Yo, has teased about Beyonce "definitely having her own agenda." He added that she is an artist who has a clear vision of what she wants to do, "She's going to give you directions [like] 'Here's where I'm going, so here's where I need you to be'."
The clue about how this might-be "new genre" of music will sound has also been hinted by Sean Garrett. "I think we are doing a lot of uptempo records for this one. She's in such a good place right now in life that she is interested in making party music, definitely," he once said.
Although details of the album are still scarce, Beyonce will, one thing for sure, ditch her alter ego Sasha Fierce in the not-yet-titled album. "Sasha Fierce is done. I killed her," she confessed. "I don't need Sasha Fierce anymore, because I've grown and now I'm able to merge the two."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie