'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Charged for Assaulting Ex-Fiance
Star of MTV's "Teen Mom", Amber Portwood, is getting consequences for assaulting ex-fiance and father of her daughter, Gary Shirley. On Thursday, November 18, Portwood has been officially charged with two felony counts and one misdemeanor for domestic violence and battery, Daily Mail reported.
Under Indiana law, Portwood is charged with the felonies because the violent actions, which appeared in the reality TV series, were committed in the presence of a child, in this case, their little daughter Leah Leann Shirley. If convicted, Portwood will face up to three years in jail and fines of up to $10,000.
"Portwood shoved Shirley against a wall, slapped him on the face and choked him. The incident was witnessed by the couple's one-year-old child who sat in a child seat on a nearby bed," a police press release stated.
"(On a second occasion) Portwood was videotaped slapping Shirley five times, punching him three times and kicking him at least once," the statement further revealed. "Finally... Portwood is again videotaped in the presence of their child slapping Shirley in the face, and punching him several more times in the face and upper-body."
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics