'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Charged for Assaulting Ex-Fiance
Star of MTV's "Teen Mom", Amber Portwood, is getting consequences for assaulting ex-fiance and father of her daughter, Gary Shirley. On Thursday, November 18, Portwood has been officially charged with two felony counts and one misdemeanor for domestic violence and battery, Daily Mail reported.
Under Indiana law, Portwood is charged with the felonies because the violent actions, which appeared in the reality TV series, were committed in the presence of a child, in this case, their little daughter Leah Leann Shirley. If convicted, Portwood will face up to three years in jail and fines of up to $10,000.
"Portwood shoved Shirley against a wall, slapped him on the face and choked him. The incident was witnessed by the couple's one-year-old child who sat in a child seat on a nearby bed," a police press release stated.
"(On a second occasion) Portwood was videotaped slapping Shirley five times, punching him three times and kicking him at least once," the statement further revealed. "Finally... Portwood is again videotaped in the presence of their child slapping Shirley in the face, and punching him several more times in the face and upper-body."
More Teen Mom News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer