'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Charged for Assaulting Ex-Fiance
Star of MTV's "Teen Mom", Amber Portwood, is getting consequences for assaulting ex-fiance and father of her daughter, Gary Shirley. On Thursday, November 18, Portwood has been officially charged with two felony counts and one misdemeanor for domestic violence and battery, Daily Mail reported.
Under Indiana law, Portwood is charged with the felonies because the violent actions, which appeared in the reality TV series, were committed in the presence of a child, in this case, their little daughter Leah Leann Shirley. If convicted, Portwood will face up to three years in jail and fines of up to $10,000.
"Portwood shoved Shirley against a wall, slapped him on the face and choked him. The incident was witnessed by the couple's one-year-old child who sat in a child seat on a nearby bed," a police press release stated.
"(On a second occasion) Portwood was videotaped slapping Shirley five times, punching him three times and kicking him at least once," the statement further revealed. "Finally... Portwood is again videotaped in the presence of their child slapping Shirley in the face, and punching him several more times in the face and upper-body."
More Teen Mom News
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing