Crystal Bowersox Lands First Acting Gig on 'Body of Proof'
"American Idol" runner-up Crystal Bowersox has received her first acting job, accepting a guest starring slot on ABC's "Body of Proof". " 'Body of Proof' contacted me. They thought I'd be good for the role. Turns out, they think I can act as well. I'm happy for that," the 25-year-old singer gushed.
Calling this her "first professional acting gig, other than the music videos" on "American Idol", Bowersox is to portray Zoe Reese, a woman beating her drug dealer "to a bloody pulp". She revealed, "I laughed hysterically when I heard that the character I'm accused of murdering is named Brynn Walker. My husband is Brian Walker. He didn't find it as funny as I did."
Writer of the episode Sam Humphrey was the one who suggested her name after watching her on "Idol" for sometime. "What about Crystal Bowersox? Maybe we could reach out to her. She's a song writer, and it seems like she has an old soul," he was quoted as saying. ABC casting vice-president Rosalie Joseph gave a nod to it and Bowersox was immediately contacted.
She arrived in Providence, R.I. on Wednesday, November 17 and officially filmed her part the next day. "Body of Proof" is not airing until March 2011 so her episode is not going to air until either April or May.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie