Crystal Bowersox Lands First Acting Gig on 'Body of Proof'
"American Idol" runner-up Crystal Bowersox has received her first acting job, accepting a guest starring slot on ABC's "Body of Proof". " 'Body of Proof' contacted me. They thought I'd be good for the role. Turns out, they think I can act as well. I'm happy for that," the 25-year-old singer gushed.
Calling this her "first professional acting gig, other than the music videos" on "American Idol", Bowersox is to portray Zoe Reese, a woman beating her drug dealer "to a bloody pulp". She revealed, "I laughed hysterically when I heard that the character I'm accused of murdering is named Brynn Walker. My husband is Brian Walker. He didn't find it as funny as I did."
Writer of the episode Sam Humphrey was the one who suggested her name after watching her on "Idol" for sometime. "What about Crystal Bowersox? Maybe we could reach out to her. She's a song writer, and it seems like she has an old soul," he was quoted as saying. ABC casting vice-president Rosalie Joseph gave a nod to it and Bowersox was immediately contacted.
She arrived in Providence, R.I. on Wednesday, November 17 and officially filmed her part the next day. "Body of Proof" is not airing until March 2011 so her episode is not going to air until either April or May.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'