Russell Brand Not Facing Charges for Paparazzi Scuffle
Russell Brand no longer lands a trouble with the law for attacking paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport back on September 17. Following a meeting with the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, the "Get Him to the Greek" actor was cleared from any charges for the spat, Radar Online reported.
Brand and his attorney Shepard Kopp met with the officials on Wednesday, November 17. Spokesperson for the office, Frank Mateljian, shared, "Mr. Brand came in with his attorney, and met with our officials. No further action is going to be taken in the matter." Mateljian further revealed that the assaulted snapper wasn't at the Wednesday meeting but he is due to meet a prosecutor on Friday.
At the time of the incident, Brand was traveling with now wife Katy Perry. When the couple made their way, Brand shoved one of photographers out of the way. The British actor was later taken into custody and booked for battery. He left the police station after posting $20,000 bail.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius