Russell Brand Not Facing Charges for Paparazzi Scuffle
Russell Brand no longer lands a trouble with the law for attacking paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport back on September 17. Following a meeting with the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, the "Get Him to the Greek" actor was cleared from any charges for the spat, Radar Online reported.
Brand and his attorney Shepard Kopp met with the officials on Wednesday, November 17. Spokesperson for the office, Frank Mateljian, shared, "Mr. Brand came in with his attorney, and met with our officials. No further action is going to be taken in the matter." Mateljian further revealed that the assaulted snapper wasn't at the Wednesday meeting but he is due to meet a prosecutor on Friday.
At the time of the incident, Brand was traveling with now wife Katy Perry. When the couple made their way, Brand shoved one of photographers out of the way. The British actor was later taken into custody and booked for battery. He left the police station after posting $20,000 bail.
More Russell Brand News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory