Russell Brand Not Facing Charges for Paparazzi Scuffle
Russell Brand no longer lands a trouble with the law for attacking paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport back on September 17. Following a meeting with the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, the "Get Him to the Greek" actor was cleared from any charges for the spat, Radar Online reported.
Brand and his attorney Shepard Kopp met with the officials on Wednesday, November 17. Spokesperson for the office, Frank Mateljian, shared, "Mr. Brand came in with his attorney, and met with our officials. No further action is going to be taken in the matter." Mateljian further revealed that the assaulted snapper wasn't at the Wednesday meeting but he is due to meet a prosecutor on Friday.
At the time of the incident, Brand was traveling with now wife Katy Perry. When the couple made their way, Brand shoved one of photographers out of the way. The British actor was later taken into custody and booked for battery. He left the police station after posting $20,000 bail.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt