Russell Brand Not Facing Charges for Paparazzi Scuffle
Russell Brand no longer lands a trouble with the law for attacking paparazzi at Los Angeles International Airport back on September 17. Following a meeting with the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, the "Get Him to the Greek" actor was cleared from any charges for the spat, Radar Online reported.
Brand and his attorney Shepard Kopp met with the officials on Wednesday, November 17. Spokesperson for the office, Frank Mateljian, shared, "Mr. Brand came in with his attorney, and met with our officials. No further action is going to be taken in the matter." Mateljian further revealed that the assaulted snapper wasn't at the Wednesday meeting but he is due to meet a prosecutor on Friday.
At the time of the incident, Brand was traveling with now wife Katy Perry. When the couple made their way, Brand shoved one of photographers out of the way. The British actor was later taken into custody and booked for battery. He left the police station after posting $20,000 bail.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018