'Superman' Begins Casting Search, Likely to Cast Not-Yet-Big Actor
The search for the new Superman has begun. Deadline Hollywood reports that Warner Bros, producer Chris Nolan and director Zack Snyder have started looking a "wide-net" to find their leading man for "The Man of Steel" and they want to create a new star with the reboot project.
To be more specific, the studio reportedly will cast an actor who is either "a discovery or on TV but likely someone who isn't well known yet." On the age range, the possible candidates should be between 28 and 32.
Deadline additionally mentions that production will start around June next year to make the film ready before 2013. All these details are believed to be ruling out Jon Hamm's involvement in "Man of Steel" since he is committed to a TV series for fall 2011.
The "Mad Men" actor was mentioned several times as the possible depicter of Clark Kent. However, he himself seemingly did not hope too much for the role, saying "I don't know, I think unless Superman's power was the power of being really old... I maybe aged out of that competition."
"True Blood" star Joe Manganiello was also rumored to fill the part, but he had shot down the report, claiming he did not negotiate for the role. Recent report, meanwhile, put the names of two professional wrestling legends Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and John Cena as the contenders.
"The Man of Steel" will reportedly "focus on early days of Superman." David S. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan are working on the script.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest