Priciest 'Glee' Episode Includes Michael Jackson, Lady Antebellum and More
There had been rumors for while that "Glee" would do a Michael Jackson tribute somehow later this season. It is now revealed that "Thriller" will be performed for the post-Super Bowl episode which usually attracts the largest audience in a year. However, the episode is not entirely dedicated to the late King of Pop.
EW received the confirmation from a source who said that the classic would be performed as a mash-up although the other song is not yet known. The storyline will be kept in line with the sports season with Sue Sylvester concentrating on the cheerleading regionals and McKinley High football team entering championship game. The half-time is when the "Thriller" mash-up would be played.
Additionally, this would be the "most expensive" production in "Glee" history as well as "one of television's priciest episodes ever". Reason for throwing money into this episode is considerable since they would buy the catalog of artists like Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas and Lady Antebellum. Nevertheless, General Motors would be the sponsor of the evening, meaning there would be limited commercial interruptions.
As for the rumor that Bruce Springsteen would be given a tribute, the source denied it by saying Elton John was the only pop superstar ever considered given a tribute. Fans of the show thus can expect an Elton John-centric episode in one of the show's back nine episodes.
The Super Bowl is airing February 6 on FOX.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off