Priciest 'Glee' Episode Includes Michael Jackson, Lady Antebellum and More
There had been rumors for while that "Glee" would do a Michael Jackson tribute somehow later this season. It is now revealed that "Thriller" will be performed for the post-Super Bowl episode which usually attracts the largest audience in a year. However, the episode is not entirely dedicated to the late King of Pop.
EW received the confirmation from a source who said that the classic would be performed as a mash-up although the other song is not yet known. The storyline will be kept in line with the sports season with Sue Sylvester concentrating on the cheerleading regionals and McKinley High football team entering championship game. The half-time is when the "Thriller" mash-up would be played.
Additionally, this would be the "most expensive" production in "Glee" history as well as "one of television's priciest episodes ever". Reason for throwing money into this episode is considerable since they would buy the catalog of artists like Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas and Lady Antebellum. Nevertheless, General Motors would be the sponsor of the evening, meaning there would be limited commercial interruptions.
As for the rumor that Bruce Springsteen would be given a tribute, the source denied it by saying Elton John was the only pop superstar ever considered given a tribute. Fans of the show thus can expect an Elton John-centric episode in one of the show's back nine episodes.
The Super Bowl is airing February 6 on FOX.
More Glee News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?