Tom Hardy's Role in 'Dark Knight Rises' May Be Villainous Hugo Strange
Since Tom Hardy has been reported to be cast in "The Dark Knight Rises" for an unknown role, people keep speculating about his character. Latest rumor has surfaced, mentioning that he will portray a villain called Dr. Hugo Strange.
The news was first run by Batman-News (via Collider) which claimed that their source has been proven to be accurate in the past though they insisted the scoop should be just considered as a rumor. The same source reportedly had known that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead female role before Deadline Hollywood unveiled the list.
Strange is one of Batman's first recurring villains in the comic books. He is a villain in the mad-scientist mold and possesses genius-level IQ and is a master of psychology. Strange learns Batman's secret identity but keeps it to himself. He eventually becomes obsessed with Batman that he starts dressing up like the Gotham hero.
"The Dark Knight Rises" is scheduled to start production in April 2011 for a July 20, 2012 U.S. release. Christopher Nolan is on board to serve behind the lens while Christian Bale is expected to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne aka Batman.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna