Tom Hardy's Role in 'Dark Knight Rises' May Be Villainous Hugo Strange
Since Tom Hardy has been reported to be cast in "The Dark Knight Rises" for an unknown role, people keep speculating about his character. Latest rumor has surfaced, mentioning that he will portray a villain called Dr. Hugo Strange.
The news was first run by Batman-News (via Collider) which claimed that their source has been proven to be accurate in the past though they insisted the scoop should be just considered as a rumor. The same source reportedly had known that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead female role before Deadline Hollywood unveiled the list.
Strange is one of Batman's first recurring villains in the comic books. He is a villain in the mad-scientist mold and possesses genius-level IQ and is a master of psychology. Strange learns Batman's secret identity but keeps it to himself. He eventually becomes obsessed with Batman that he starts dressing up like the Gotham hero.
"The Dark Knight Rises" is scheduled to start production in April 2011 for a July 20, 2012 U.S. release. Christopher Nolan is on board to serve behind the lens while Christian Bale is expected to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne aka Batman.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards