Tom Hardy's Role in 'Dark Knight Rises' May Be Villainous Hugo Strange
Since Tom Hardy has been reported to be cast in "The Dark Knight Rises" for an unknown role, people keep speculating about his character. Latest rumor has surfaced, mentioning that he will portray a villain called Dr. Hugo Strange.
The news was first run by Batman-News (via Collider) which claimed that their source has been proven to be accurate in the past though they insisted the scoop should be just considered as a rumor. The same source reportedly had known that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead female role before Deadline Hollywood unveiled the list.
Strange is one of Batman's first recurring villains in the comic books. He is a villain in the mad-scientist mold and possesses genius-level IQ and is a master of psychology. Strange learns Batman's secret identity but keeps it to himself. He eventually becomes obsessed with Batman that he starts dressing up like the Gotham hero.
"The Dark Knight Rises" is scheduled to start production in April 2011 for a July 20, 2012 U.S. release. Christopher Nolan is on board to serve behind the lens while Christian Bale is expected to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne aka Batman.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered