Tom Hardy's Role in 'Dark Knight Rises' May Be Villainous Hugo Strange
Since Tom Hardy has been reported to be cast in "The Dark Knight Rises" for an unknown role, people keep speculating about his character. Latest rumor has surfaced, mentioning that he will portray a villain called Dr. Hugo Strange.
The news was first run by Batman-News (via Collider) which claimed that their source has been proven to be accurate in the past though they insisted the scoop should be just considered as a rumor. The same source reportedly had known that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead female role before Deadline Hollywood unveiled the list.
Strange is one of Batman's first recurring villains in the comic books. He is a villain in the mad-scientist mold and possesses genius-level IQ and is a master of psychology. Strange learns Batman's secret identity but keeps it to himself. He eventually becomes obsessed with Batman that he starts dressing up like the Gotham hero.
"The Dark Knight Rises" is scheduled to start production in April 2011 for a July 20, 2012 U.S. release. Christopher Nolan is on board to serve behind the lens while Christian Bale is expected to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne aka Batman.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'