Paramount Gives Green Light to 'Paranormal Activity 3', Moves 'Footloose'
Paramount Pictures don't wanna lose the chance to make more profit from their hit franchise "Paranormal Activity". After "Paranormal Activity 2" showed a rise in the number of revenue from its predecessor, the studio has given green light to "Paranormal Activity 3".
The news is broken by creator Oren Peli himself. To Dread Central, the helmer of the first installment from the horror movie series says the third film is on its way and is set to hit theaters in the U.S. on October 21, 2011, nearly a year after the second movie opened wide in the nation.
At almost the same time, Paramount has set a new release date for "Footloose". Deadline Hollywood report that this remake to a 1984 film of the same title is pushed back from its original April 1, 2011 slot to October 14 of the same year.
No further details have been released for "Paranormal Activity 3". The previous two films were presented in form of found footage from cameras set up by families who are haunted in their homes. 2009 "Paranormal Activity" took in $19.6 million from its first wide opening weekend, while 2010 "Paranormal Activity 2" debuted with $40.7 million.
As for "Footloose", the drama musical has Kenny Wormald and Julianne Hough taking the roles of Ren McCormack and Ariel Moore respectively. Craig Brewer is serving behind the lens.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'