Paramount Gives Green Light to 'Paranormal Activity 3', Moves 'Footloose'
Paramount Pictures don't wanna lose the chance to make more profit from their hit franchise "Paranormal Activity". After "Paranormal Activity 2" showed a rise in the number of revenue from its predecessor, the studio has given green light to "Paranormal Activity 3".
The news is broken by creator Oren Peli himself. To Dread Central, the helmer of the first installment from the horror movie series says the third film is on its way and is set to hit theaters in the U.S. on October 21, 2011, nearly a year after the second movie opened wide in the nation.
At almost the same time, Paramount has set a new release date for "Footloose". Deadline Hollywood report that this remake to a 1984 film of the same title is pushed back from its original April 1, 2011 slot to October 14 of the same year.
No further details have been released for "Paranormal Activity 3". The previous two films were presented in form of found footage from cameras set up by families who are haunted in their homes. 2009 "Paranormal Activity" took in $19.6 million from its first wide opening weekend, while 2010 "Paranormal Activity 2" debuted with $40.7 million.
As for "Footloose", the drama musical has Kenny Wormald and Julianne Hough taking the roles of Ren McCormack and Ariel Moore respectively. Craig Brewer is serving behind the lens.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics