Paramount Gives Green Light to 'Paranormal Activity 3', Moves 'Footloose'
Paramount Pictures don't wanna lose the chance to make more profit from their hit franchise "Paranormal Activity". After "Paranormal Activity 2" showed a rise in the number of revenue from its predecessor, the studio has given green light to "Paranormal Activity 3".
The news is broken by creator Oren Peli himself. To Dread Central, the helmer of the first installment from the horror movie series says the third film is on its way and is set to hit theaters in the U.S. on October 21, 2011, nearly a year after the second movie opened wide in the nation.
At almost the same time, Paramount has set a new release date for "Footloose". Deadline Hollywood report that this remake to a 1984 film of the same title is pushed back from its original April 1, 2011 slot to October 14 of the same year.
No further details have been released for "Paranormal Activity 3". The previous two films were presented in form of found footage from cameras set up by families who are haunted in their homes. 2009 "Paranormal Activity" took in $19.6 million from its first wide opening weekend, while 2010 "Paranormal Activity 2" debuted with $40.7 million.
As for "Footloose", the drama musical has Kenny Wormald and Julianne Hough taking the roles of Ren McCormack and Ariel Moore respectively. Craig Brewer is serving behind the lens.
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand