Next 'Weeds' Season Is Likely the Last
"Weeds" wrapped up its sixth season this Monday, November 15 with a shocking twist and some cliffhangers. Creator Jenji Kohan talked to TV Guide of how the show will get from there and one particular answer strikes out. The show is going to end next year, if Kohan has the sole say.
"In my mind, it is," Kohan revealed. "Everyone's contract is up next year, [including] the actors and mine. Seven years is a good run, and I'd rather leave while on top. I'd never say never, but I have a feeling this might be it." The finale's rating was up 0.1 from the previous week with adults 18-49.
When asked whether she has any idea yet for a concluding story, Kohan said, "I do, which I would never reveal. There are two versions of the end of the series that I've had in mind, and it would be figuring out which way to go."
Showtime has indeed put the order for a seventh season but when asked whether they also see it as the last, a spokesperson told TV Guide that "any decision on an eighth season will not be made until next summer."
Thinking it's her time to stretch her wings, Kohan only hopes that she will get to keep the cast and crew as a team for her next project. "I think it's such a strong group of people across the board. That will be very hard to let go of," she said.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie