Next 'Weeds' Season Is Likely the Last
"Weeds" wrapped up its sixth season this Monday, November 15 with a shocking twist and some cliffhangers. Creator Jenji Kohan talked to TV Guide of how the show will get from there and one particular answer strikes out. The show is going to end next year, if Kohan has the sole say.
"In my mind, it is," Kohan revealed. "Everyone's contract is up next year, [including] the actors and mine. Seven years is a good run, and I'd rather leave while on top. I'd never say never, but I have a feeling this might be it." The finale's rating was up 0.1 from the previous week with adults 18-49.
When asked whether she has any idea yet for a concluding story, Kohan said, "I do, which I would never reveal. There are two versions of the end of the series that I've had in mind, and it would be figuring out which way to go."
Showtime has indeed put the order for a seventh season but when asked whether they also see it as the last, a spokesperson told TV Guide that "any decision on an eighth season will not be made until next summer."
Thinking it's her time to stretch her wings, Kohan only hopes that she will get to keep the cast and crew as a team for her next project. "I think it's such a strong group of people across the board. That will be very hard to let go of," she said.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers