Next 'Weeds' Season Is Likely the Last
"Weeds" wrapped up its sixth season this Monday, November 15 with a shocking twist and some cliffhangers. Creator Jenji Kohan talked to TV Guide of how the show will get from there and one particular answer strikes out. The show is going to end next year, if Kohan has the sole say.
"In my mind, it is," Kohan revealed. "Everyone's contract is up next year, [including] the actors and mine. Seven years is a good run, and I'd rather leave while on top. I'd never say never, but I have a feeling this might be it." The finale's rating was up 0.1 from the previous week with adults 18-49.
When asked whether she has any idea yet for a concluding story, Kohan said, "I do, which I would never reveal. There are two versions of the end of the series that I've had in mind, and it would be figuring out which way to go."
Showtime has indeed put the order for a seventh season but when asked whether they also see it as the last, a spokesperson told TV Guide that "any decision on an eighth season will not be made until next summer."
Thinking it's her time to stretch her wings, Kohan only hopes that she will get to keep the cast and crew as a team for her next project. "I think it's such a strong group of people across the board. That will be very hard to let go of," she said.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son