Next 'Weeds' Season Is Likely the Last
"Weeds" wrapped up its sixth season this Monday, November 15 with a shocking twist and some cliffhangers. Creator Jenji Kohan talked to TV Guide of how the show will get from there and one particular answer strikes out. The show is going to end next year, if Kohan has the sole say.
"In my mind, it is," Kohan revealed. "Everyone's contract is up next year, [including] the actors and mine. Seven years is a good run, and I'd rather leave while on top. I'd never say never, but I have a feeling this might be it." The finale's rating was up 0.1 from the previous week with adults 18-49.
When asked whether she has any idea yet for a concluding story, Kohan said, "I do, which I would never reveal. There are two versions of the end of the series that I've had in mind, and it would be figuring out which way to go."
Showtime has indeed put the order for a seventh season but when asked whether they also see it as the last, a spokesperson told TV Guide that "any decision on an eighth season will not be made until next summer."
Thinking it's her time to stretch her wings, Kohan only hopes that she will get to keep the cast and crew as a team for her next project. "I think it's such a strong group of people across the board. That will be very hard to let go of," she said.
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots