First Trailer and Poster for 'Red Riding Hood' Are Dark
After successfully directing the first "Twilight" film, Catherine Hardwicke is reviving a classic fairytale with her "Red Riding Hood". And now some scenes from the film, which is due March 11, 2011 in the U.S., have been made available for viewing pleasure in a form of teaser trailer which is released via Apple.
Amanda Seyfried takes the lead role of Valerie who is torn between two men. She is in love with a brooding outsider, Peter (Shiloh Fernandez), but her parents have arranged for her to marry the wealthy Henry (Max Irons). Valerie and Peter are planning to run away when they learn that Valerie's older sister has been killed by the werewolf that prowls the dark forest surrounding their village.
As the wolf, which is offered a monthly animal sacrifice by villagers, has upped the stakes by taking a human life under a blood red moon, the people call on famed werewolf hunter, Father Solomon (Gary Oldman), to help them kill the wolf. But Solomon's arrival brings unintended consequences as he warns that the wolf, who takes human form by day, could be any one of them. As the death toll rises with each moon, Valerie begins to suspect that the werewolf could be someone she loves.
"What fans can expect from this version of the story is that it's basically just a jumping-off point," Seyfried said about the film in an interview with "The Seven" which also premiered the trailer on November 16. "Catherine Hardwicke has just completely turned this story into something edgy and Gothic and dark, and she's clearly somebody that's very capable of turning something, everything into an extraordinary world, as we've seen before."
"And also there's a romance aspect to the film, which isn't in the fairy tale ... a lot of romance and a lot of danger," she added. "Fans will be surprised by the tone of the film. Catherine just completely throws it into this dark world, and it's a little scarier than it was meant to be when it was written."
In addition to the trailer premiere, the first poster for "Red Riding Hood" has also been debuted. Emphasizing the dark take on the story, the one-sheet features Seyfried's character wearing the iconic red cape with the backdrop of the mysterious woods.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up