Mayim Bialik Upped as Regular on 'Big Bang Theory'
Mayim Bialik wished for a regular spot on "The Big Bang Theory" and she got it. Bialik was invited back to the show after making a debut in the last season's finale. According to Deadline, she is now due to appear throughout the season although not necessarily every week.
The actress plays Sheldon's 'friend' Amy in the sitcom and she is the second actress to be promoted as a regular this season. Melissa Rauch who plays Wolowitz's love interest Bernadette has been upped first. This promotion means there is a balance between the sexes because Kaley Cuoco initially stood alone against Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar.
Just last week, Bialik revealed to E! that she would be pleased to return to the set more regularly. She said, "Yes! From a personal, selfish standpoint, I'd like to work every week. I think they'd like people to keep guessing what's going to happen with this character, but I think there are still plenty of plots that they want to spread out throughout the season."
She went on praising the working environment, saying, "It's a really neat set, Simon, Kunal and Kaley are really terrific, too, and I enjoy being there. It's definitely humbling to be in a group of people who know each other really well and work well together and, like, knocking and saying, 'Hi, can I come in?' "
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke