Mayim Bialik Upped as Regular on 'Big Bang Theory'
Mayim Bialik wished for a regular spot on "The Big Bang Theory" and she got it. Bialik was invited back to the show after making a debut in the last season's finale. According to Deadline, she is now due to appear throughout the season although not necessarily every week.
The actress plays Sheldon's 'friend' Amy in the sitcom and she is the second actress to be promoted as a regular this season. Melissa Rauch who plays Wolowitz's love interest Bernadette has been upped first. This promotion means there is a balance between the sexes because Kaley Cuoco initially stood alone against Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar.
Just last week, Bialik revealed to E! that she would be pleased to return to the set more regularly. She said, "Yes! From a personal, selfish standpoint, I'd like to work every week. I think they'd like people to keep guessing what's going to happen with this character, but I think there are still plenty of plots that they want to spread out throughout the season."
She went on praising the working environment, saying, "It's a really neat set, Simon, Kunal and Kaley are really terrific, too, and I enjoy being there. It's definitely humbling to be in a group of people who know each other really well and work well together and, like, knocking and saying, 'Hi, can I come in?' "
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal