Mayim Bialik Upped as Regular on 'Big Bang Theory'
Mayim Bialik wished for a regular spot on "The Big Bang Theory" and she got it. Bialik was invited back to the show after making a debut in the last season's finale. According to Deadline, she is now due to appear throughout the season although not necessarily every week.
The actress plays Sheldon's 'friend' Amy in the sitcom and she is the second actress to be promoted as a regular this season. Melissa Rauch who plays Wolowitz's love interest Bernadette has been upped first. This promotion means there is a balance between the sexes because Kaley Cuoco initially stood alone against Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar.
Just last week, Bialik revealed to E! that she would be pleased to return to the set more regularly. She said, "Yes! From a personal, selfish standpoint, I'd like to work every week. I think they'd like people to keep guessing what's going to happen with this character, but I think there are still plenty of plots that they want to spread out throughout the season."
She went on praising the working environment, saying, "It's a really neat set, Simon, Kunal and Kaley are really terrific, too, and I enjoy being there. It's definitely humbling to be in a group of people who know each other really well and work well together and, like, knocking and saying, 'Hi, can I come in?' "
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months