Mayim Bialik Upped as Regular on 'Big Bang Theory'
Mayim Bialik wished for a regular spot on "The Big Bang Theory" and she got it. Bialik was invited back to the show after making a debut in the last season's finale. According to Deadline, she is now due to appear throughout the season although not necessarily every week.
The actress plays Sheldon's 'friend' Amy in the sitcom and she is the second actress to be promoted as a regular this season. Melissa Rauch who plays Wolowitz's love interest Bernadette has been upped first. This promotion means there is a balance between the sexes because Kaley Cuoco initially stood alone against Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar.
Just last week, Bialik revealed to E! that she would be pleased to return to the set more regularly. She said, "Yes! From a personal, selfish standpoint, I'd like to work every week. I think they'd like people to keep guessing what's going to happen with this character, but I think there are still plenty of plots that they want to spread out throughout the season."
She went on praising the working environment, saying, "It's a really neat set, Simon, Kunal and Kaley are really terrific, too, and I enjoy being there. It's definitely humbling to be in a group of people who know each other really well and work well together and, like, knocking and saying, 'Hi, can I come in?' "
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl