First Still, New Poster and Official Synopsis Released for 'Cars 2'
Walt Disney Pictures has released the first official still for "Cars 2" which shows Lightning McQueen and Mater the tow truck alongside some new cars and a plane. Additionally, a new teaser poster is also debuted via Yahoo! Movies, featuring a globe and the film's logo.
An official synopsis which has just been released for the movie says, "Star racecar Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) and the incomparable tow truck Mater (voice of Larry the Cable Guy) take their friendship to exciting new places in 'Cars 2' when they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage."
"Torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret spy mission, Mater's action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world. Adding to the fast-paced fun is a colorful new all-car cast that includes secret agents, menacing villains and international racing competitors."
Tony Shalhoub, John Ratzenberger, Cheech Marin and Bonnie Hunt additionally join the voice cast of "Cars 2". "Cars" helmer John Lasseter returns to the director's seat for the sequel, teaming up with "Ratatouille" producer Brad Lewis. This comedy is set to entertain moviegoers in the U.S. starting June 24, 2011.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single