Christina Aguilera, Cher Glam Up at 'Burlesque' World Premiere
Christina Aguilera has affirmed her name among Hollywood actresses as she made a red carpet appearance at the world premiere of her feature film debut "Burlesque" on Monday, November 15. She was not the only singer hitting the red carpet that night since Cher, who stars opposite her in the movie, joins her at the event held at the Grauman's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles.
The blonde beauty stole the spotlight with an Elie Saab emerald green empire waist silk chiffon gown. Cher was shining in her black glittering short dress. While the "Beautiful" hitmaker had to come out as a single after recently filling for divorce from husband Jordan Bratman, the veteran performer was backed up by her son Chaz Bono.
Aguilera and Cher later joined co-stars Peter Gallagher and Julianne Hough as well as director Steve Antin to pose in front of giant "Burlesque" letters. Stanley Tucci, Eric Dane and Cam Gigandet also supported the special screening which attracted a number of fellow celebrities like AnnaLynne McCord, Will Ferrell, Kristin Cavallari and James Marsden.
Beside holding the world premiere, Screen Gems has just released two brand new clips in anticipation of the November 24 U.S. release of "Burlesque". These two videos highlight Cher's motherly instincts with she teaching Aguilera to put on make up and becoming a shoulder to cry on for Hough.
The drama musical follows Aguilera's Ali, a small-town girl who tries to pursue her dreams in Los Angeles. Landing a job as a cocktail waitress in The Burlesque Lounge, a majestic but ailing theater headlined by Cher's Tess, Ali vows to perform there one day. With the help of a sharp-witted stage manager and gender-bending host, she makes her way from the bar to the stage and restores The Burlesque Lounge to its former glory.
'Burlesque' clip 'Put on the Make Up':
'Burlesque' clip 'We'll Take Care of You':
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show