Confirmed: Darren Criss to Appear Throughout Season 2 of 'Glee'
Blaine is here to stay. Darren Criss has struck a new deal with FOX TV to appear throughout the second season of "Glee" and would possibly become a regular next year. Creator Ryan Murphy confirmed the deal to AfterElton but a representative of Criss told THR that the deal is not "formal" although "it appears he will be a series regular".
Criss amazed fans of the musical series with his rendition of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream". The song went on selling more than 55,000 upon its release last Tuesday, November 9, becoming the highest first-day sales for one of the show's songs. A lot of fans have also campaigned for his promotion.
"Darren has become such a sensation in one week, which I love," Murphy told AfterElton at 39th Gala for the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center over the weekend. "I think there's a hunger for him and a positive relationship role model. He'll definitely continue through the year and longer. We just signed a deal with him."
When asked whether Blaine would be Kurt's boyfriend, Murphy replied, "I don't know. That I have not decided. We're writing it. I want to see what people's reaction to that is. Part of me thinks he should be the boyfriend, part of me thinks he should just be the mentor. I didn't want to decide that until we got into sort of the middle of the season. We're figuring it out now."
Criss returns in this week's episode called "The Substitute" where Gwyneth Paltrow guest stars as Holly Holliday.
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors