NBC Greenlights 'Bachelor' and 'Survivor' Crossover
It was reported sometime ago that there would be a brand new reality show which is roughly like a crossover between "The Bachelor" and "Survivor". NBC worked it up with Endemol to make it happen and they have just announced the details.
"Love in the Wild" basically puts together singles in the jungle to mate. Twenty men and women will pair up each week in the middle of the jungle and each couple will be placed in remote area. Together they are only given a map and must rely on each other to pass the challenges which could either be physical or emotional.
The winning couple will then be treated to a romantic indulgence at romantic places. At the end of the day, they have the choice to continue with the partner or to switch for the next challenge. There will be an elimination in each of the episode and there will be a big prize at the end of the show. Producers confirmed that they are not gonna make the contestants starve like "Survivor".
"It's a fresh way into the dating space," NBC alternative topper Paul Telegdy revealed how people can relate to the show. "We've been intrigued by the idea of putting people in a natural setting and making them compete. Watching the show should be a great armchair ride."
Eight episodes, which would be run by "Survivor" alum Tom Shelly, have been greenlit for targeted Summer release. "Summer shows should be escapist," Telegdy said. "It should have a kind of mood that can coexist with 'America's Got Talent.' We don't want something dark or ridden with problems."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby