Jane Lynch NOT Yet Cast in 'The Muppets' Movie
Jane Lynch has not sealed a deal with Disney to star in "The Muppets" movie. In contrary to recent news which said that she will portray a prison guard, the 50-year-old "Glee" actress claims she has not been approached for the project yet.
"I'm not doing the Muppets movie. They haven't asked me," Lynch tells The Hollywood Reporter at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's 39th annual gala fundraiser on Saturday night, November 13. She, however, will not turn down the offer if she is given the chance, stating "I would do it if they asked me."
Starting rumor of Lynch's casting in "The Muppets" was The Wrap. Beside unveiling her alleged role, the site reported that Danny Trejo has been cast as a prisoner with Donald Glover landing a small role in the movie. Zach Galifianakis additionally has been said to portray a new character called Hobo Jo.
"The Muppets" is currently in production and Slash Film got its hand on some set pictures of the movie. The exclusive shots show Jim Henson Studios on La Brea Avenue in Hollywood which has been transformed into Muppet Studios, a real life movie studio where the Muppets used to film shows.
Starring Jason Segel who also writes the script along with Nicholas Stoller, the family comedy will follow a man named Gary, his girlfriend Mary and his life-long brown puppet best friend Walter who must round up and convince the now retired entertainers from the original Muppet Show to help save the famous television studio that the original variety series was filmed in. Villainous Tex Richman is due to take over the property, and wants to destroy the theater and drill for oil underneath.
December 25, 2011 has been picked as the date when this film will grace U.S. cinemas.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones