Michael Jackson's First Official Single 'Hold My Hand' Ft. Akon Debuted
Michael Jackson's song "Hold My Hand", which was recorded in 2007 but leaked in its unfinished state a year later, has finally been unleashed in its final version. A duet with Akon, it is listed in Michael's upcoming self-titled album and serves as the first official single.
Michael croons, "This life don't last forever/ So tell me what we're waiting for/ We better off being together/ Being miserable alone." Akon then takes over in the next lines, "Cause I been there before and you've been there before, but together we can be alright/ Cause when it gets dark and when it gets cold, we hold each other till we see the sunlight."
"The world was not ready to hear 'Hold My Hand' when it leaked a couple years ago," Akon said. "We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I'm so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols."
"Michael" is going to be released across United States on December 14. Beside featuring Akon, the posthumous album also lines up 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz as featured guests. When the album was first announced, a spokesperson for Michael's family accused Sony Music of disrespecting the late King of Pop by dropping "unfinished and incomplete tracks that Michael said over and over many times he never wanted released."
To avoid the same controversy, the record company has now convinced fans that "a handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that 'Hold My Hand' be the first single on his next project." Supporting that statement, Michael's nephew Taj Jackson said as quoted by CNN, "He was so proud of it. I'll never forget that smile he had on his face as the song played through the speakers [in his room] at the Palms Hotel in Vegas."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion