Welcoming First Baby, Ne-Yo Shares It on Twitter
"So Sick" hitmaker Ne-Yo is officially a first time father. According to People, the 28-year-old R&B singer's girlfriend Monyetta Shaw, who was initially due in January next year, gave birth to a healthy baby girl on late Friday night, November 12 at a hospital in Atlanta, Georgia.
When Monyetta was in labor, Ne-Yo was at a charity event for his Ne-Yo Foundation. However, the "Miss Independent" singer later rushed to the hospital once he heard the news and made it to be by her side for the birth. The proud newly-parents named their daughter Madilyn Grace Smith.
Furthermore, Ne-Yo has taken it to his Twitter page to share the happy news. "Salutations all. As my life transforms due to the new life that sprung up on me last night, it's good to know my folks support. Luv y'all," he wrote. "Much luv to my twit fam and everybody showin' luv to my new addition!! She's healthy and happy. Feels like I'm in luv for the first time."
"Welcoming that lil' girl to the world last night defined for me what 'willing to kill and die for' truly means. My world, my life, all hers," Ne-Yo added. The star also informed his Twitter followers that the baby's birth will be followed by the birth of his "brand new album", "Libra Scale". Of the record, he gushed, "Life is GOOD!!!! Nov. 22nd, around the corner!!!"
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!