Welcoming First Baby, Ne-Yo Shares It on Twitter
"So Sick" hitmaker Ne-Yo is officially a first time father. According to People, the 28-year-old R&B singer's girlfriend Monyetta Shaw, who was initially due in January next year, gave birth to a healthy baby girl on late Friday night, November 12 at a hospital in Atlanta, Georgia.
When Monyetta was in labor, Ne-Yo was at a charity event for his Ne-Yo Foundation. However, the "Miss Independent" singer later rushed to the hospital once he heard the news and made it to be by her side for the birth. The proud newly-parents named their daughter Madilyn Grace Smith.
Furthermore, Ne-Yo has taken it to his Twitter page to share the happy news. "Salutations all. As my life transforms due to the new life that sprung up on me last night, it's good to know my folks support. Luv y'all," he wrote. "Much luv to my twit fam and everybody showin' luv to my new addition!! She's healthy and happy. Feels like I'm in luv for the first time."
"Welcoming that lil' girl to the world last night defined for me what 'willing to kill and die for' truly means. My world, my life, all hers," Ne-Yo added. The star also informed his Twitter followers that the baby's birth will be followed by the birth of his "brand new album", "Libra Scale". Of the record, he gushed, "Life is GOOD!!!! Nov. 22nd, around the corner!!!"
More Ne-Yo News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger