Drake Denies Lil Wayne Punching Him in the Face
Drake has taken it to his Twitter page to clear out rumor that Lil Wayne has punched him in the face. "You got the story wrong... Lil Wayne punched me in my arm cause he saw a VW beetle pass by... haaa... YM Forever," Drake wrote on Thursday, November 12, dismissing altercation report between him and Weezy after a show in Las Vegas.
Drake's rep further set the record straight, telling Gossip Cop "There were no disruptions. The concert and afterparty went off without a hitch. Wayne and Drake were together on Sunday at Wayne's welcome home party." Weezy, in the meantime, hasn't responded to the story.
The rift story was first reported by MediaTakeOut on Thursday. According to the source of the site, "Wayne walked over to Drake and punched him in his face" after the two performed "Miss Me" together at Drake's show in Last Vegas on Saturday night, November 6.
The site further claimed that security broke up the altercation and escorted Weezy off the venue. On what stirred the outburst, the site mentioned, "Wayne has some bad feelings with Drake, he feels that Drake left him out there while we was (locked up). So Wayne didn't want to do the concert." Weezy was also said not allowed to attend the concert afterparty following the alleged dispute.
The report that Weezy felt Drake "left him out", however, is quite contrary to the fact that he surprised Drake at his L.A. concert. Of the surprise, Drake recalled to MTV News, "I said (to Weezy), 'You're not coming to the last show?' And he was like, 'No, man, can't make it'."
"That's how I hit the stage: I got no surprises for these people. They all think Wayne is coming and he's not coming," Drake went on. "After the hook of 'Miss Me', I heard... Wayne's verse. I didn't quite know what was going on. I looked back, and there's the man. I jumped higher than I've ever jumped in my entire life."
More Drake News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed