Confirmed: 'Sonny with a Chance' Gives Demi Lovato a Break
Disney Channel has found a solution to keep "Sonny with a Chance" on air while its leading star Demi Lovato is away for treatment. The network will ask the writers to focus on "So Random!" which is a sitcom inside "Sonny". This way, the production can resume as scheduled.
"Sonny" has been renewed for a third season and is due to begin production in January. However, a recent personal matter in Lovato's life has put the show in jeopardy for she is now away from the limelight to seek treatment in rehab. Producers put Lovato's concern on top of the list and have found the best way to serve both the actress and the show a justice.
Writers will now write sketches for "So Random!", something that they had actually done before twice as standalone specials. Apart from comedy sketches, there will be guest stars, musical performances and digital shorts. Since the second season has been showing good ratings, this transition is said to be an "easy" decision.
"This allows her the time she needs to get well, without distraction or pressure," a Disney Channel spokeswoman said to Variety. "Again, we extend our ongoing support to Demi and her family as she works to overcome personal issues."
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too