Confirmed: 'Sonny with a Chance' Gives Demi Lovato a Break
Disney Channel has found a solution to keep "Sonny with a Chance" on air while its leading star Demi Lovato is away for treatment. The network will ask the writers to focus on "So Random!" which is a sitcom inside "Sonny". This way, the production can resume as scheduled.
"Sonny" has been renewed for a third season and is due to begin production in January. However, a recent personal matter in Lovato's life has put the show in jeopardy for she is now away from the limelight to seek treatment in rehab. Producers put Lovato's concern on top of the list and have found the best way to serve both the actress and the show a justice.
Writers will now write sketches for "So Random!", something that they had actually done before twice as standalone specials. Apart from comedy sketches, there will be guest stars, musical performances and digital shorts. Since the second season has been showing good ratings, this transition is said to be an "easy" decision.
"This allows her the time she needs to get well, without distraction or pressure," a Disney Channel spokeswoman said to Variety. "Again, we extend our ongoing support to Demi and her family as she works to overcome personal issues."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media