Confirmed: 'Sonny with a Chance' Gives Demi Lovato a Break
Disney Channel has found a solution to keep "Sonny with a Chance" on air while its leading star Demi Lovato is away for treatment. The network will ask the writers to focus on "So Random!" which is a sitcom inside "Sonny". This way, the production can resume as scheduled.
"Sonny" has been renewed for a third season and is due to begin production in January. However, a recent personal matter in Lovato's life has put the show in jeopardy for she is now away from the limelight to seek treatment in rehab. Producers put Lovato's concern on top of the list and have found the best way to serve both the actress and the show a justice.
Writers will now write sketches for "So Random!", something that they had actually done before twice as standalone specials. Apart from comedy sketches, there will be guest stars, musical performances and digital shorts. Since the second season has been showing good ratings, this transition is said to be an "easy" decision.
"This allows her the time she needs to get well, without distraction or pressure," a Disney Channel spokeswoman said to Variety. "Again, we extend our ongoing support to Demi and her family as she works to overcome personal issues."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture