Confirmed: 'Sonny with a Chance' Gives Demi Lovato a Break
Disney Channel has found a solution to keep "Sonny with a Chance" on air while its leading star Demi Lovato is away for treatment. The network will ask the writers to focus on "So Random!" which is a sitcom inside "Sonny". This way, the production can resume as scheduled.
"Sonny" has been renewed for a third season and is due to begin production in January. However, a recent personal matter in Lovato's life has put the show in jeopardy for she is now away from the limelight to seek treatment in rehab. Producers put Lovato's concern on top of the list and have found the best way to serve both the actress and the show a justice.
Writers will now write sketches for "So Random!", something that they had actually done before twice as standalone specials. Apart from comedy sketches, there will be guest stars, musical performances and digital shorts. Since the second season has been showing good ratings, this transition is said to be an "easy" decision.
"This allows her the time she needs to get well, without distraction or pressure," a Disney Channel spokeswoman said to Variety. "Again, we extend our ongoing support to Demi and her family as she works to overcome personal issues."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen