Confirmed: 'Sonny with a Chance' Gives Demi Lovato a Break
Disney Channel has found a solution to keep "Sonny with a Chance" on air while its leading star Demi Lovato is away for treatment. The network will ask the writers to focus on "So Random!" which is a sitcom inside "Sonny". This way, the production can resume as scheduled.
"Sonny" has been renewed for a third season and is due to begin production in January. However, a recent personal matter in Lovato's life has put the show in jeopardy for she is now away from the limelight to seek treatment in rehab. Producers put Lovato's concern on top of the list and have found the best way to serve both the actress and the show a justice.
Writers will now write sketches for "So Random!", something that they had actually done before twice as standalone specials. Apart from comedy sketches, there will be guest stars, musical performances and digital shorts. Since the second season has been showing good ratings, this transition is said to be an "easy" decision.
"This allows her the time she needs to get well, without distraction or pressure," a Disney Channel spokeswoman said to Variety. "Again, we extend our ongoing support to Demi and her family as she works to overcome personal issues."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed