Questioned About Divorce, Billy Ray Cyrus Storms Off and Calls Interviewer Rude
Billy Ray Cyrus is seemingly not ready to talk about his divorce process with his wife of 17 years Leticia "Tish" Cyrus just yet. The father of Miley Cyrus abruptly ended his Friday, November 12 interview for WCOL's Woody and the Wake-Up Call when host Woody Johnson got more personal with his question.
"I have to ask you because you are a celebrity and we've all heard. Your marriage is going?" Woody launched his quiz on the interview which is set to air on Monday, November 15. Flustered Billy responded, "Oh man. You know what bud? Woody Johnson. Woody Johnson. God bless America, God bless our troops. Woody Johnson, look at you."
Billy later cut the interview short and stormed off while Woody tried to apologize. In an audio clip posted on the show's website, Woody was also heard saying "Are you done now?" Billy simply flew and told Woody, "Oh I ain't mad at you. Have a good day, brother."
And still on the same audio, off-mic, Billy was heard saying "It's very rude" and Woody "should be disgusted" for asking that question. Repeatedly delivering his apology, Woody however still stood for himself, explaining "I'm sorry, I had to ask." Post the interview, Woody again tried to explain his reason for asking the question by taking it to his blog.
"I've always liked Billy Ray Cyrus... and still do, actually, but was taken aback by his reaction to my question regarding the breakup of his marriage," Woody stated. "I mean, it's not like it wasn't public knowledge, for crying out loud. If he shuts me down, fine. I respectfully moved on, but he did not."
Audio of Billy Ray Cyrus' Interview With Woody Johnson:
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'