Another Michael Jackson Single to Debut Next Week, Album Tracklisting Revealed
Despite controversy surrounding the authenticity of Michael Jackson's voice in his upcoming posthumous album, Sony Music continues to release another track from the effort. The song, titled "Hold My Hand", will make its world debut on Monday, November 15 at 12:01 A.M. EST and serve as the official lead offering.
The song is a duet with Akon which they recorded in 2007 and was leaked a year later. "A handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that 'Hold My Hand' be the first single on his next project," it was explained. "Akon recently completed the new and final production of 'Hold My Hand'."
The "Smack That" hitmaker promised the final version will be different from the leaked one. "The world was not ready to hear 'Hold My Hand' when it leaked a couple years ago," he said. "We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I'm so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols."
Beside announcing the new single, Sony Music also unveils tracklisting of the new album. Akon is not the only featured guest as 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz also make contributions to the December 14 release. There are 10 songs selected for this self-titled effort "Michael".
Earlier this week, a song called "Breaking News" was out and many music fans have doubts it was really recorded by Michael. An attorney of his estate admitted that "the day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael's vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned."
But then, six of Michael's former producers and engineers, Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley, were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. "They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael," the attorney insisted.
- "Hold My Hand" duet with Akon
- "Hollywood Tonight"
- "Keep Your Head Up"
- "(I Like) The Way You Love Me"
- "Monster" featuring 50 Cent
- "Best of Joy"
- "Breaking News"
- "(I Can't Make It) Another Day" featuring Lenny Kravitz
- "Behind the Mask"
- "Much Too Soon"
More Michael Jackson News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked