Another Michael Jackson Single to Debut Next Week, Album Tracklisting Revealed
Despite controversy surrounding the authenticity of Michael Jackson's voice in his upcoming posthumous album, Sony Music continues to release another track from the effort. The song, titled "Hold My Hand", will make its world debut on Monday, November 15 at 12:01 A.M. EST and serve as the official lead offering.
The song is a duet with Akon which they recorded in 2007 and was leaked a year later. "A handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that 'Hold My Hand' be the first single on his next project," it was explained. "Akon recently completed the new and final production of 'Hold My Hand'."
The "Smack That" hitmaker promised the final version will be different from the leaked one. "The world was not ready to hear 'Hold My Hand' when it leaked a couple years ago," he said. "We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I'm so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols."
Beside announcing the new single, Sony Music also unveils tracklisting of the new album. Akon is not the only featured guest as 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz also make contributions to the December 14 release. There are 10 songs selected for this self-titled effort "Michael".
Earlier this week, a song called "Breaking News" was out and many music fans have doubts it was really recorded by Michael. An attorney of his estate admitted that "the day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael's vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned."
But then, six of Michael's former producers and engineers, Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley, were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. "They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael," the attorney insisted.
- "Hold My Hand" duet with Akon
- "Hollywood Tonight"
- "Keep Your Head Up"
- "(I Like) The Way You Love Me"
- "Monster" featuring 50 Cent
- "Best of Joy"
- "Breaking News"
- "(I Can't Make It) Another Day" featuring Lenny Kravitz
- "Behind the Mask"
- "Much Too Soon"
More Michael Jackson News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs