Natalie Portman Writing Bawdy Comedy, Anne Hathaway to Star
After going raunchy with her role in "Black Swan", Natalie Portman is going to define racy in her own words with "BYO" (Bring Your Own). According to Los Angeles Times' 24 Frame, the actress has been shopping around script of the "ribald comedy" which is written by her and college friend Laura Moses.
The project revolves around "two very different twentysomething women who, after finding themselves unlucky in love, decide to throw a party to which each female attendee brings an eligible bachelor." Two studio executives who have read the script tell 24 Frame that the movie is like a female-themed "Superbad".
Portman reportedly will star as one of the main female characters, while Anne Hathaway is said to have expressed interest to tackle the other lead role. However, representatives for Hathaway and Portman could not immediately be reached for comment.
"BYO" will be the first written movie by Natalie Portman. While the project has been passed on by several Hollywood studios, it could still be made via either a studio or independent financing. The 29-year-old beauty will additionally serve as producer for the flick.
Portman wowed people with her performance in Darren Aronofsky's "Black Swan" which has been premiered in several film festivals and will hit limited theaters on December 3. She additionally can next be seen in "Thor" that is due May 6, 2011. The Israeli-American actress is recently rumored among the shortlist of "The Dark Knight Rises" female lead.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign