Marie Osmond Insists Late Son Was Not Gay and Not Using Drugs
Conducting her first interview since the tragic death of her son Michael Blosil in February, Marie Osmond took the chance to clear out reports suggesting her son took his own life back then because he was struggling to deal with his sexuality. "My son was not gay. He wanted to be married and have a family and travel all over the world," Marie told Oprah Winfrey.
And though the reports are true, Marie wouldn't consider it as a problem. "It wouldn't matter if he was - I have a daughter who's gay. She was the most offended by (the rumors). (The claims imply that) everyone who's gay commits suicide," the singer explained during "The Oprah Winfrey Show" which aired on Thursday, November 11.
Beside debunking the gay rumors, Marie also set another report straight. "My son was clean when he jumped. There were no drugs in his system, but I believe the ramifications were there," she said, dismissing allegation that Michael had been in and out of drug rehab since he was 12 and had been under the influence when he committed suicide.
And surprisingly, Marie admitted that the February suicide wasn't Michael's first attempt to end his life. Michael tried the same thing when Marie was on "Dancing with the Stars" in 2007 but his son at that time promised her "he would never do anything like that again."
"I believed him," Marie added, believing that Michael finally jumped to his death from a window on the eighth floor because he was deeply confused. "Whatever his reality was, I do believe that there are moments when you slip into insanity and you no longer think rationally. I believe that's what happened," she explained.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack