Marie Osmond Insists Late Son Was Not Gay and Not Using Drugs
Conducting her first interview since the tragic death of her son Michael Blosil in February, Marie Osmond took the chance to clear out reports suggesting her son took his own life back then because he was struggling to deal with his sexuality. "My son was not gay. He wanted to be married and have a family and travel all over the world," Marie told Oprah Winfrey.
And though the reports are true, Marie wouldn't consider it as a problem. "It wouldn't matter if he was - I have a daughter who's gay. She was the most offended by (the rumors). (The claims imply that) everyone who's gay commits suicide," the singer explained during "The Oprah Winfrey Show" which aired on Thursday, November 11.
Beside debunking the gay rumors, Marie also set another report straight. "My son was clean when he jumped. There were no drugs in his system, but I believe the ramifications were there," she said, dismissing allegation that Michael had been in and out of drug rehab since he was 12 and had been under the influence when he committed suicide.
And surprisingly, Marie admitted that the February suicide wasn't Michael's first attempt to end his life. Michael tried the same thing when Marie was on "Dancing with the Stars" in 2007 but his son at that time promised her "he would never do anything like that again."
"I believed him," Marie added, believing that Michael finally jumped to his death from a window on the eighth floor because he was deeply confused. "Whatever his reality was, I do believe that there are moments when you slip into insanity and you no longer think rationally. I believe that's what happened," she explained.
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?