Marie Osmond Insists Late Son Was Not Gay and Not Using Drugs
Conducting her first interview since the tragic death of her son Michael Blosil in February, Marie Osmond took the chance to clear out reports suggesting her son took his own life back then because he was struggling to deal with his sexuality. "My son was not gay. He wanted to be married and have a family and travel all over the world," Marie told Oprah Winfrey.
And though the reports are true, Marie wouldn't consider it as a problem. "It wouldn't matter if he was - I have a daughter who's gay. She was the most offended by (the rumors). (The claims imply that) everyone who's gay commits suicide," the singer explained during "The Oprah Winfrey Show" which aired on Thursday, November 11.
Beside debunking the gay rumors, Marie also set another report straight. "My son was clean when he jumped. There were no drugs in his system, but I believe the ramifications were there," she said, dismissing allegation that Michael had been in and out of drug rehab since he was 12 and had been under the influence when he committed suicide.
And surprisingly, Marie admitted that the February suicide wasn't Michael's first attempt to end his life. Michael tried the same thing when Marie was on "Dancing with the Stars" in 2007 but his son at that time promised her "he would never do anything like that again."
"I believed him," Marie added, believing that Michael finally jumped to his death from a window on the eighth floor because he was deeply confused. "Whatever his reality was, I do believe that there are moments when you slip into insanity and you no longer think rationally. I believe that's what happened," she explained.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media