'Iron Man' Helmer to Step Into Disney's 'Magic Kingdom'
Disney plans to turn another theme park attraction into a movie. Called "Magic Kingdom", the project is about to get its helmer. According to Deadline Hollywood, Jon Favreau is currently in talks to direct the movie, which was first conceived two years ago.
"Magic Kingdom" has got a draft by "Battlestar Galactica" scribe Ronald D. Moore. However, if Favreau signs up for the project, a new writer will be hired to work on a new draft under Favreau. Strike Entertainment Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing the film.
Whether or not "Magic Kingdom" will be Favreau's next movie will depend of the script's development, Deadline reports. The "Iron Man" helmer is currently in post production for "Cowboys and Aliens" before returning to the helmer gig for "Iron Man 3". Other projects lining up for him include "Me and My Monster" and "Johnny Zero".
Disney has previously turned some of their theme park attractions into movies like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!