'Iron Man' Helmer to Step Into Disney's 'Magic Kingdom'
Disney plans to turn another theme park attraction into a movie. Called "Magic Kingdom", the project is about to get its helmer. According to Deadline Hollywood, Jon Favreau is currently in talks to direct the movie, which was first conceived two years ago.
"Magic Kingdom" has got a draft by "Battlestar Galactica" scribe Ronald D. Moore. However, if Favreau signs up for the project, a new writer will be hired to work on a new draft under Favreau. Strike Entertainment Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing the film.
Whether or not "Magic Kingdom" will be Favreau's next movie will depend of the script's development, Deadline reports. The "Iron Man" helmer is currently in post production for "Cowboys and Aliens" before returning to the helmer gig for "Iron Man 3". Other projects lining up for him include "Me and My Monster" and "Johnny Zero".
Disney has previously turned some of their theme park attractions into movies like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women