'Iron Man' Helmer to Step Into Disney's 'Magic Kingdom'
Disney plans to turn another theme park attraction into a movie. Called "Magic Kingdom", the project is about to get its helmer. According to Deadline Hollywood, Jon Favreau is currently in talks to direct the movie, which was first conceived two years ago.
"Magic Kingdom" has got a draft by "Battlestar Galactica" scribe Ronald D. Moore. However, if Favreau signs up for the project, a new writer will be hired to work on a new draft under Favreau. Strike Entertainment Marc Abraham and Eric Newman are producing the film.
Whether or not "Magic Kingdom" will be Favreau's next movie will depend of the script's development, Deadline reports. The "Iron Man" helmer is currently in post production for "Cowboys and Aliens" before returning to the helmer gig for "Iron Man 3". Other projects lining up for him include "Me and My Monster" and "Johnny Zero".
Disney has previously turned some of their theme park attractions into movies like "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Haunted Mansion (2013)".
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard