2010 CMA Awards: Carrie Underwood's Opening Performance
Carrie Underwood was on double duties at the live telecast of the 44th Annual Country Music Association (CMA) Awards. Beside hosting the show with fellow country music singer Brad Paisley, she also performed more than one song at the November 10 event.
First, the "American Idol" alum opened the awards show with "Songs Like This". She delivered her powerful voice to the high-energy tune with Keith Urban assisting her on the banjo, and co-host Paisley strumming the guitar. She later returned to the stage to sing ballad track "Mama's Song".
Like Underwood, Paisley and Urban were also given a solo set each in addition to appearing on stage to support her performance. Paisley who won Entertainer of the Year that night catered fans with "This Is Country Music", and Urban sang "Put You in a Song".
"Songs Like This":
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet