2010 CMA Awards: Carrie Underwood's Opening Performance
Carrie Underwood was on double duties at the live telecast of the 44th Annual Country Music Association (CMA) Awards. Beside hosting the show with fellow country music singer Brad Paisley, she also performed more than one song at the November 10 event.
First, the "American Idol" alum opened the awards show with "Songs Like This". She delivered her powerful voice to the high-energy tune with Keith Urban assisting her on the banjo, and co-host Paisley strumming the guitar. She later returned to the stage to sing ballad track "Mama's Song".
Like Underwood, Paisley and Urban were also given a solo set each in addition to appearing on stage to support her performance. Paisley who won Entertainer of the Year that night catered fans with "This Is Country Music", and Urban sang "Put You in a Song".
"Songs Like This":
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image