2010 CMA Awards: Carrie Underwood's Opening Performance
Carrie Underwood was on double duties at the live telecast of the 44th Annual Country Music Association (CMA) Awards. Beside hosting the show with fellow country music singer Brad Paisley, she also performed more than one song at the November 10 event.
First, the "American Idol" alum opened the awards show with "Songs Like This". She delivered her powerful voice to the high-energy tune with Keith Urban assisting her on the banjo, and co-host Paisley strumming the guitar. She later returned to the stage to sing ballad track "Mama's Song".
Like Underwood, Paisley and Urban were also given a solo set each in addition to appearing on stage to support her performance. Paisley who won Entertainer of the Year that night catered fans with "This Is Country Music", and Urban sang "Put You in a Song".
"Songs Like This":
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce