Taylor Swift Stays at No. 1 on Hot 200 in Its Second Week
Taylor Swift has extended her "Speak Now" reign for another week on Billboard Hot 200. After debuting at the first place with impressive sale number of more than 1 million copies, now she claims the hot spot with additional 320,000 unit, easily beating the other competitors.
Jason Aldean's newly-released effort "My Kinda Party" arrives at the runner-up position with 193,000, pushing Sugarland's "The Incredible Machine" to fall one slot to the third with 60,000 copies. Landing at No. 4 is Mariah Carey's second holiday album "Merry Christmas II You". Debuting at No. 1 on Holiday Albums chart, the follow-up to her 1994 "Merry Christmas" sold around 55,000 copies.
There are two more new entries which make their way to the Top 10 of the U.S. albums chart this week. Neil Diamond's latest studio project "Dreams" enters at the eighth place with 35,000, and Brad Paisley's compilation "Hits Alive" follows at No. 9 with 31,000. The rest of the chart see Lil Wayne's "I'm Not a Human Being" at No. 5, Kings of Leon's "Come Around Sundown" at No. 6, Eminem's "Recovery" at No. 7, and Elton John's "The Union" at tenth.
Taylor Swift might not face tight competition to win the first spot this week, but she is going to have a strong competitor next week. Susan Boyle's sophomore set "The Gift" is estimated to debut with around 250,000 copies. It seems to be an equal match since Boyle herself had impressive chart history in the past. She made a grand entrance last year when her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream" bowed at No. 1 with 701,000 copies sold. By the end of 2009, she followed Swift as the second best-selling album of the year.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift (320,000)
- "My Kinda Party" - Jason Aldean (193,000)
- "The Incredible Machine" - Sugarland (60,000)
- "Merry Christmas II You" - Mariah Carey (55,000)
- "I'm Not a Human Being" - Lil Wayne (45,000)
- "Come Around Sundown" - Kings of Leon (40,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (38,000)
- "Dreams" - Neil Diamond (35,000)
- "Hits Alive" - Brad Paisley (31,000)
- "The Union" - Elton John and Leon Russell (27,000)
More Taylor Swift News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer