Zooey Deschanel Could Be Betty Brant in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Zooey Deschanel could join the cast of new "Spider-Man" movie. Rumor has it, the 30-year-old actress/singer is in talks with helmer Marc Webb to portray Betty Brant, a sexy PA of Daily Bugle boss J. Jonah Jameson.
The news was first brought into attention by Showbiz Spy (via Collider). According to the site, an insider said, "He (Marc) wants a strong performer to carry the role and Zooey fits the bill perfectly. The role is hers if she wants it." If the report is indeed true and Zooey takes the job, she will reunite with Webb who previously directed her in "500 Days of Summer".
Betty was portrayed by Elizabeth Banks in the previous "Spider-Man" trilogy. While the character was relatively a small one in Sam Raimi's films, Marc reportedly "has big plans for her". Both Sony or Columbia and Zooey have not released any statement regarding the rumor.
The untitled Spider-Man reboot has Andrew Garfield on board to portray the title character with Emma Stone playing the love interest of Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy. Rhys Ifans and Martin Sheen are cast to be an unnamed villain and Uncle Ben respectively, while Sally Field has been rumored to play Aunt May. The project is planned to start shooting in December for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S.
Zooey Deschanel had lead roles in "All the Real Girls", "Yes Man" and "500 Days of Summer". She can next be seen starring in "Your Highness" and "My Idiot Brother".
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo