Zooey Deschanel Could Be Betty Brant in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Zooey Deschanel could join the cast of new "Spider-Man" movie. Rumor has it, the 30-year-old actress/singer is in talks with helmer Marc Webb to portray Betty Brant, a sexy PA of Daily Bugle boss J. Jonah Jameson.
The news was first brought into attention by Showbiz Spy (via Collider). According to the site, an insider said, "He (Marc) wants a strong performer to carry the role and Zooey fits the bill perfectly. The role is hers if she wants it." If the report is indeed true and Zooey takes the job, she will reunite with Webb who previously directed her in "500 Days of Summer".
Betty was portrayed by Elizabeth Banks in the previous "Spider-Man" trilogy. While the character was relatively a small one in Sam Raimi's films, Marc reportedly "has big plans for her". Both Sony or Columbia and Zooey have not released any statement regarding the rumor.
The untitled Spider-Man reboot has Andrew Garfield on board to portray the title character with Emma Stone playing the love interest of Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy. Rhys Ifans and Martin Sheen are cast to be an unnamed villain and Uncle Ben respectively, while Sally Field has been rumored to play Aunt May. The project is planned to start shooting in December for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S.
Zooey Deschanel had lead roles in "All the Real Girls", "Yes Man" and "500 Days of Summer". She can next be seen starring in "Your Highness" and "My Idiot Brother".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal