Zooey Deschanel Could Be Betty Brant in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Zooey Deschanel could join the cast of new "Spider-Man" movie. Rumor has it, the 30-year-old actress/singer is in talks with helmer Marc Webb to portray Betty Brant, a sexy PA of Daily Bugle boss J. Jonah Jameson.
The news was first brought into attention by Showbiz Spy (via Collider). According to the site, an insider said, "He (Marc) wants a strong performer to carry the role and Zooey fits the bill perfectly. The role is hers if she wants it." If the report is indeed true and Zooey takes the job, she will reunite with Webb who previously directed her in "500 Days of Summer".
Betty was portrayed by Elizabeth Banks in the previous "Spider-Man" trilogy. While the character was relatively a small one in Sam Raimi's films, Marc reportedly "has big plans for her". Both Sony or Columbia and Zooey have not released any statement regarding the rumor.
The untitled Spider-Man reboot has Andrew Garfield on board to portray the title character with Emma Stone playing the love interest of Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy. Rhys Ifans and Martin Sheen are cast to be an unnamed villain and Uncle Ben respectively, while Sally Field has been rumored to play Aunt May. The project is planned to start shooting in December for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S.
Zooey Deschanel had lead roles in "All the Real Girls", "Yes Man" and "500 Days of Summer". She can next be seen starring in "Your Highness" and "My Idiot Brother".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance