Zooey Deschanel Could Be Betty Brant in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
Zooey Deschanel could join the cast of new "Spider-Man" movie. Rumor has it, the 30-year-old actress/singer is in talks with helmer Marc Webb to portray Betty Brant, a sexy PA of Daily Bugle boss J. Jonah Jameson.
The news was first brought into attention by Showbiz Spy (via Collider). According to the site, an insider said, "He (Marc) wants a strong performer to carry the role and Zooey fits the bill perfectly. The role is hers if she wants it." If the report is indeed true and Zooey takes the job, she will reunite with Webb who previously directed her in "500 Days of Summer".
Betty was portrayed by Elizabeth Banks in the previous "Spider-Man" trilogy. While the character was relatively a small one in Sam Raimi's films, Marc reportedly "has big plans for her". Both Sony or Columbia and Zooey have not released any statement regarding the rumor.
The untitled Spider-Man reboot has Andrew Garfield on board to portray the title character with Emma Stone playing the love interest of Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy. Rhys Ifans and Martin Sheen are cast to be an unnamed villain and Uncle Ben respectively, while Sally Field has been rumored to play Aunt May. The project is planned to start shooting in December for July 3, 2012 release in the U.S.
Zooey Deschanel had lead roles in "All the Real Girls", "Yes Man" and "500 Days of Summer". She can next be seen starring in "Your Highness" and "My Idiot Brother".
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'